Extraordinary Galapagos: Hosted by the University of Arkansas & the Philadelphia Zoo
Literally in the middle of nowhere, the Galapagos Islands were born in a violent volcanic explosion millions of years ago. They are located more than 600 miles off the coast of Ecuador, just below the equator. Charles Darwin’s theories of evolution and of the survival of the fittest came to being right here on these 13 islands.
UA Parks Family Professor of Science Education Dr. William McComas will lead this joint collaboration between the University of Arkansas and the Philadelphia Zoo. McComas is a Darwin scholar and expert in the natural history of the Galapagos Islands who has traveled there on five previous occasions hosting trips with a comprehensive itinerary unique in Galapagos tourism. This trip is limited to only 18 travelers because of the special nature of the itinerary.
This 13-day exclusive wildlife journey to Darwin's Enchanted Islands includes a special cruise itinerary for 7 days aboard a first-class expedition ship plus 3 additional days on a unique land safari on the island of Santa Cruz. You are guaranteed to have an intimate and close-up natural experience snorkeling with sea lions, hiking on spectacular volcanic landscapes, seeing seeing countless bird species including the flightless cormorants and penguins, marine iguanas and giant tortoises, all in one of the most protected national parks in the world.
Cruise Cost: From $5170 pp (based on cabin choice)
Land Cost: From $1950 pp
For More Information, Contact:
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $7120.00 per person (Based on double occupancy)
Dates: Friday, July 25, 2014 - Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Guayaquil, transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Guided Guayaquil city tour, afternoon at leisure|
|Day 3||Transfer to airport, fly to Galapagos, begin 7-day Galapagos cruise|
|Day 4||Cruising Galapagos aboard ship the LETTY|
|Day 5||Cruising Galapagos aboard ship the LETTY|
|Day 6||Cruising Galapagos aboard ship the LETTY|
|Day 7||Cruising Galapagos aboard ship the LETTY|
|Day 8||Cruising Galapagos aboard ship the LETTY|
|Day 9||Cruise ends, tour highlands, local farm & tortoise reserve, transfer to Galapagos hotel|
|Day 10||Charles Darwin Station & Tortuga Bay|
|Day 11||Shark Alley and at leisure at beach|
|Day 12||Transfer to airport, fly to Guayaquil, transfer to hotel, farewell dinner|
|Day 13||Transfer to airport, connect with flight to USA|