Argentina: The Other Side of Patagonia - Bariloche, El Perito Moreno Glacier and Ushuaia
There is so much of Patagonia to explore for adventurers! In Buenos Aires, you'll explore the city by foot and by kayak. Fly to Bariloche, a Swiss-influenced town surrounded by lakes and mountains. Immerse yourself in nature here while hiking and rafting at the Nauel Huapi National Park.
In Calafate, you'll be based in a hosteria while exploring El Perito Moreno Glacier by boat. You can even strap on crampons and try climbing the ice walls. Continue on to the End Of The World, Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, to hike and kayak at Tierra Del Fuego National Park.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4360.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - Monday, February 23, 2015 and Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - Monday, March 23, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Buenos Aires|
|Day 2||City tour of Buenos Aires|
|Day 3||Kayak the Delta of Parana|
|Day 4||Fly to Bariloche, rest of day at leisure|
|Day 5||Bariloche city tour|
|Day 6||Rafting Manso River|
|Day 7||Fly to El Calafate, rest of day at leisure|
|Day 8||Full day exploration of El Perito Moreno Glacier|
|Day 9||Full day exploration of Rios de Hielo / glaciers by catamaran|
|Day 10||Fly to Usuhuaia, rest of day at leisure|
|Day 11||Tierra del Fuego National Park hike & kayak|
|Day 12||Harberton Ranch & Penguin Colony at Martillo Island|
|Day 13||Fly back to Buenos Aires to connect with evening flight home|