Argentina and Chile: Across Patagonia
Pure and simple, Patagonia's vast landscapes offer an enormous array of activities that will inspire any adventure traveler to grab their passport and go!
One of the most beautiful landscapes in the Western Hemisphere is found in the Patagonian Andes. For this reason, a chain of Argentine and Chilean national parks protects this natural beauty. Numerous lakes fed by glacial run-off reflect the majesty of the snow-capped peaks. The mountainsides are covered by primeval forests of subantarctic beech trees, many of which change color spectacularly in autumn.
Highlights include Patagonia's most famous landmarks starting from Argentina and crossing over into Chile - from Ushuaia, the southernmost point in South America and its Tierra del Fuego, the enormous glaciers of El Calafate and Los Glaciares National Park, the iconic mountain peaks of Torres del Paine, and finally the fjords of Punta Arenas. End the trip on the lively coast of Chile for some seafood and wine- tasting.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4720.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Thursday, March 19, 2015 - Tuesday, March 31, 2015 and Thursday, November 26, 2015 - Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Buenos Aires, afternoon city tour by foot and bike.|
|Day 2||City tour, tango dinner.|
|Day 3||Fly to Ushuaia, afternoon at leisure.|
|Day 4||Trekking and canoeing Tierra Del Fuego.|
|Day 5||Beagle Channel cruise, fly to El Calafate.|
|Day 6||Perito Moreno Glacier cruise.|
|Day 7||Day at working estancia and 4WD adventure.|
|Day 8||Cross into Chile's Torres Del Paine National Park.|
|Day 9||Full day exploring Torres Del Paine.|
|Day 10||Explore fjords by Zodiac boat.|
|Day 11||Fly to Punta Arenas and connect with flight to Santiago. City tour.|
|Day 12||Explore Valparaiso and winery.|
|Day 13||Day at leisure. Transfer to airport for flight home.|