Across Bhutan - Fall
A trip for those who want to understand the diversity of Bhutan! Where most people go half way across the country only to Bumthang, you will travel from Paro in the west, all the way across the country to Mongar in the east, and drive into India for a flight back to Delhi. Along the way you can stay with families or in small hotels, visit monasteries and holy sites, sip tea with the monks, spend time in local hospitals, explore markets, and meet with the artisans and local people. This fall, you have the opportunity to see both the Mongar and Trashigang Tsechus, quite a special way to get inside the culture!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4995.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Paro. Visit Dzong, Drukyel Dzong and town.|
|Day 2||Visit Tiger's Nest and Kyichu. Drive Thimphu.|
|Day 3||Tour Thimphu; visit Memorial Chorten, Textile Museum, paper factory, Taschicho Dzong, and the Zulekha Nunnery Temple.|
|Day 4||Visit Chari Gompa, the village School for Arts and Crafts. Overnight Thimphu.|
|Day 5||Drive to Punakha, stopping at the Simtokha Dzong. Late afternoon visit to Chime Lhakang.|
|Day 6||Rafting, explore Punakha Dzong & walk to Khamsum-Yuelling.|
|Day 7||All drive to Bumthang Valley. Overnight in Jakar.|
|Day 8||Sightseeing to Jambay Lhakhang, Kurjey Lhakhang, walk to Tamshing Langrub Chholing.|
|Day 9||Drive to Mongar, stopping along the way for lunch, site seeing and walks.|
|Day 10||Enjoy the Mongar Tsechu.|
|Day 11||Drive to Trashigang, stopping at Gom Kora and the town.|
|Day 12||Enjoy the Trashigang Festival.|
|Day 13||Drive Samdrup Jongkar.|
|Day 14||Early drive to Guwahati and connect to Delhi for evening flight home.|