Across Bhutan - Fall
A trip for those who want to understand the diversity of Bhutan! Where most people go half way across the country only to Bumthang, you will travel from Paro in the west, all the way across the country to Mongar in the east, and return to Paro from Trashigang. Along the way you can stay with families or in small hotels, visit monasteries and holy sites, sip tea with the monks, spend time in local hospitals, visit schools and libraries, explore markets, and meet with the artisans and local people. This fall you can also experience the Black Crane Festival in Wangdue and two different Tsechu festivals – one in Mongar and a second in neighboring Trashigang.
Your leader for this trip will be Myths and Mountains President, Toni Neubauer.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5995.00 per person (based on 3-10 people)
Dates: 2014 TRIP DATES ($4995 per person/based on 3-10 people): Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - Tuesday, December 2, 2014 (Mongar and Trashigang Tsechus), 2015 TRIP DATES: Saturday, November 7, 2015 - Sunday, November 22, 2015 (Black Crane Festival & Mongar and
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Paro. Visit Dzong. Drukyel Dzong and town.|
|Day 2||Visit Tiger’s Nest and Kyichu. Hot stone bath.|
|Day 3||Drive Thimphu. Mandala Making. Visit Memorial Chorten, Weekend Market, Textile Museum, paper factory and the Zilukha Nunnery.|
|Day 4||Visit Chari Gompa, the village School for Arts and Crafts. Overnight Thimphu.|
|Day 5||Drive to Punakha. Afternoon attend Black Crane Festival.|
|Day 6||Rafting and explore Punakha Dzong & walk to Khamsum-Yueling.|
|Day 7||Drive Trongsa.|
|Day 8||All drive to Bumthang Valley. Overnight in Jakar.|
|Day 9||Sightseeing to Jambay Lhakhang, Kurjey Lhakhang, walk to Tamshing Langrub Chholing.|
|Day 10||Visit Tang Valley.|
|Day 11||Drive to Mongar, stopping to visit Ura Library, touring and walks.|
|Day 12||Enjoy the Mongar Tsechu.|
|Day 13||Drive to Trashigang, stopping at Gom Kora and the town.|
|Day 14||Enjoy the Trashigang Festival.|
|Day 15||Drive to Samdrup Jongkar.|
|Day 16||Early drive to Guwahati and connect to Delhi for evening flight home.|