Bhutan: Fall Festivals, Families and Nature
Experience Bhutan and its people by meeting families, seeing a variety of festivals, staying in small hotels and sampling regional foods. Travel routes in Bhutan may be somewhat limited, but what you do in the country is as broad as your imagination.
This special trip includes an exciting fall festival. Perhaps you can learn to make butter tea, Hontay, vegetable dumplings; Mengay, (a sort of Bhutanese Pizza, made from mashed rice, eggs, spring onions, mushrooms and other ingredients; or a chilly dish.
Traveling Bhutan as far west as Bumthang, you will meet monks and farmers, explore giant dzongs and small gompas and truly get a special 'taste' of the culture of this country!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4795.00 per person (based on 3-10 people)
Dates: Friday, October 23, 2015 - Tuesday, November 3, 2015 (Jambay and Prakar Tsechus)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||OCTOBER 23: Early morning arrival in Bhutan. Explore Paro. Drive to Thimphu. Possible stop at local home en route.|
|Day 2||OCTOBER 24: Visit Memorial Chorten, Textile Museum, Paper factory, village school for arts and crafts, Zilukha Nunnery.|
|Day 3||OCTOBER 25: Drive to Gangtey.|
|Day 4||OCTOBER 26: Explore Gangtey.|
|Day 5||OCTOBER 27: Drive Bumthang via Trongsa. Jambay Lhakhang Drup.|
|Day 6||OCTOBER 28: Visit Prakar or Tsechu and Jakar Valley.|
|Day 7||OCTOBER 29: Visit Prakar or Jambay Festival and some of Tang Valley.|
|Day 8||OCTOBER 30: Drive to Punakha.|
|Day 9||OCTOBER 31: Explore Punakha.|
|Day 10||NOVEMBER 1: Drive to Paro via Thimphu.|
|Day 11||NOVEMBER 2: Visit Taktsang Monastery and Kyichu. Farewell dinner.|
|Day 12||NOVEMBER 3: Depart Bhutan for home.|