Images of Cambodia: Beaches, Dolphins, Wats and People
Most visitors to Cambodia only see a precious few of the sites of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. You will be different! In Phnom Penh, you will visit a foundation for poor children who are learning music and dance or a weaving project. In Siem Reap, you will explore some of the rarely visited Khmer ruins as well as the bread-basket of the area - the Tonle Sap. In addition to these well-known destinations, your journey will venture off the beaten path to the riverside town of Kampot, Kratie, home to fresh-water dolphins and the beach resort and port of Sihanoukville. This is a rare opportunity to get a sense of the realities of Cambodia today and the lives of the Cambodian people.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2350.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Monday, March 10, 2014 - Friday, March 21, 2014; Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Thursday, January 1, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Phnom Penh. Tour National Museum and cruise along the Mekong River.|
|Day 2||Visit the Royal Palace, Toul Sleng Prison and Apsara Foundation.|
|Day 3||Drive Kratie via Spiderville, Phnom Pros, Pnom Srei, Wat Nokor and Kompong Cham. Look for Dolphins.|
|Day 4||Drive Siem Reap via Sambor Prei Kuk and Kompong Kdei.|
|Day 5||Visit Roluos Temples, Kompong Pluk and Boat to Chong Kneas.|
|Day 6||Visit Banteay Srei, Kbal Spean and Beng Mealea.|
|Day 7||AM at Angkor Wat. PM at Angkor Thom.|
|Day 8||Fly to Sihanoukville. Transfer to hotel.|
|Day 9||Free day in Sihanoukville.|
|Day 10||Drive to Kep.|
|Day 11||Visit Kompong Trach and Phnom Chhnork.|
|Day 12||Drive back to Phnom Penh via Phnom Chisor and Tonle Bati. Fly out.|