NEW! Cambodia: Islands, Waterfalls, Angkor Wat and The People
Most visitors to Cambodia only see a precious few of the sites of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. You will be different! On this trip, you not only see the major cities of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, but travel to Kep, Sihanoukville and some of the outlying islands. You will take a speed boat to Takeo, visit Koh Tonsay, overnight on Koh Rong, and explore the Cardamon Jungle from your base at Koh Kong. This is an opportunity to see some very unique parts of Cambodia, as well as the more iconic tourist sites.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3550.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, March 8, 2015 - Saturday, March 21, 2015 and Sunday, November 29, 2015 - Saturday, December 12, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Siem Reap. Afternoon visit on Tonle Sap to Kompong Khleang.|
|Day 2||AM - Rolous Temples, Artisans D’Angkor, McDermott Gallery. PM – Preah Khan, Neak Poan, Pre Rup. Evening Circus.|
|Day 3||Dawn at Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei, Landmine Museum. Kbal Spean Hike, Phnom Bakheng.|
|Day 4||Angkor Wat Breakfast and Blessing. PM at Angkor Thom.|
|Day 5||Fly to Phnom Penh. Living History Tour, Royal Palace and Museum.|
|Day 6||Toul Sleng, Killing Fields, Pour Une Sourire D’Enfant. Optional markets. Dinner with specialist to talk about Cambodia, the Mekong or other interests.|
|Day 7||Drive Kep via Phnom Da. Speedboat to Takeo.|
|Day 8||Breakfast at Epic Arts. Boat to Koh Tonsay or Rabbit Island for the day.|
|Day 9||Drive Sihanoukville. Boat to Koh Rong for the night.|
|Day 10||Free day at the Resort. Optional boat trip to explore more remote beaches and snorkel (not included in cost).|
|Day 11||Boat back to Sihanoukville and then drive Koh Kong in the Cardamon Jungle and 4 Rivers Floating Lodge.|
|Day 12||Visit Ta Tai Waterfall and fishing villages.|
|Day 13||Visit Mangrove Forest by boat and kayak and the local people.|
|Day 14||Drive Trat and Cross Border into Thailand. Connect to Bangkok and out.|