Indonesia, Myanmar and Cambodia: Borobudur, Bagan and Angkor Wat
The temples of Borobudur, Bagan and Angkor Wat are three of the great archeological World Heritage Sites of Asia. This powerful journey highlights three magnificent civilizations and introduces you to the diverse cultures of Myanmar, Cambodia and Indonesia. You don’t just explore the temples, but visit the floating gardens of Inle Lake, wander the markets of Jogyakarta, enjoy the artisans of Bali, and take a boat on the magnificent Tonle Sap to visit the estuary and wildlife preserve. A journey to remember all your life!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5295.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Friday, March 13, 2015 - Sunday, March 29, 2015 and Friday, October 9, 2015 - Sunday, October 25, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Yangon. Sunset at Shwedagon and dinner at Le Planteur.|
|Day 2||Tour Yangon including, Sule, British colonial buildings, National Museum, meditation center, circular train ride and night market in China Town.|
|Day 3||Fly to Bagan on W9 141 (0615/0735) and explore the area. Sunset boat ride on Irrawaddy. Puppet show.|
|Day 4||Visit Salay and other villages. Home-hosted dinner.|
|Day 5||Fly to Heho on W9 144 (0850/1210) and drive to Inle Lake, stopping at Taunggyi and a cheroot factory on the way.|
|Day 6||Tour the lake.|
|Day 7||Drive back to Heho and fly Yangon on 6T 402 (0945/1055). Free afternoon to wander.|
|Day 8||Fly Siem Reap on SM 401 (0900/1110). Artisans d’Angkor, Afternoon at Angkor Thom. Elephant ride to Mt. Bakheng. Night Market.|
|Day 9||Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei, Landmine Museum, Banteay Samre, Sunset at Pre Rup.|
|Day 10||Optional sunrise at Ta Prohm. Ruolos Group of temples and Tonle Sap Boat Ride. Evening dinner and circus.|
|Day 11||Fly Singapore on MI 622 (1040/1520) and connect to SQ 946 (1640/1910) to Denpasar. Drive Ubud.|
|Day 12||Gunung Kawi Temple, rice terraces in Tegallalang and Yeh pulu and Goa Gajah. Learn about Balinese music.|
|Day 13||Visit Klungkung, weaving village and visit with family. PM visit to Besakih Temple.|
|Day 14||Visit healer and stroll through Ubud. Afternoon cooking class.|
|Day 15||Fly to Jogyakarta on GA 251 (0700/0715). Upon arrival, visit Sultan Palace, Water Castle and Bird Market. Afternoon visit to Merapi Volcano and museum and, time permitting, Jalan Malioboro and Benteng Vredenberg.|
|Day 16||Sunrise visit to Borobudur, Head to Candi Rejo. Prambanan Temple Trimurti dance performance.|
|Day 17||Fly home.|