Simply Phnom Penh & Siem Reap
Your special visit to Cambodia begins with time in Phnom Penh, the capital. Here you can explore the museum, wander the palace grounds of King Sihanouk and get a sense of the terrible scars left by the Khmer Rouge. You also visit Pour Une Sourire, and a restaurant run by street children. Next is Siem Reap, home to one of the world's ancient wonders. The cultural home of the Khmer people, the town contains a vast network of wats, dating back to the 7th century, the most famous being Angkor Wat. In addition to the temples, you picnic by a river whose banks are carved out with hundreds of lingams, take a boat ride on the beautiful Tonle Sap to the Great Lake, visit the local market and see a museum in a school for deaf and mute children.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $995.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Phnom Penh. Visit National Museum and Royal Palace.|
|Day 2||Toul Sleng Prison, Killing Fields, Pour Un Sourire d'Enfant campus with lunch. PM visit to markets.|
|Day 3||Fly to Siem Reap. Artisans D'Angkor, McDermott FCC Gallery, Visit Ruolos temples.oat ride to Kompong Khleang. Dance show.|
|Day 4||Banteay Srei, Banteay Samre and Landmine Museum. PM Angkor Thom, and sunset at Phnom Bakheng.|
|Day 5||Sunrise at Angkor Wat. Visit Ta Prohm. Depart Siem Reap.|