Want to be a bear keeper for a day or take care of elephants that were abused, track doucs through the Cambodian jungle or search out freshwater dolphins in the Irrawaddy River? Perhaps you would enjoy bird watching, looking for the Sarus Crane or other rare birds in some of Cambodia's unique bird and wildlife sanctuaries.
This unique trip combines the incredible monuments of the Khmer civilization, such as Angkor Wat, with an intimate view of Cambodia's rich biodiversity, and valuable time with local communities engaged in preserving the heritage and wildlife of the country ... A Cambodia few get to see!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2995.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, February 23, 2014 - Saturday, March 8, 2014 and Sunday, November 9, 2014 - Saturday, November 22, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Phnom Penh. Afternoon cyclo ride, sunset cruise on the Mekong and welcome dinner|
|Day 2||Sightseeing in Phnom Penh|
|Day 3||Bear Keeper for a day at Phnom Tameo|
|Day 4||Drive to Mondulkiri and the Elephant Valley Project|
|Day 5||Elephant Valley Project|
|Day 6||Trekking through the jungles of Mondulkiri|
|Day 7||To Kratie to see dolphins|
|Day 8||Kratie to Kompong Thom|
|Day 9||Visit Sambor Pre Kuk and onto Siem Reap|
|Day 10||Ang Trapeang Thmor Bird Sanctuary|
|Day 11||Banteay Srei, Kbal Spean and ACCB Wildlife Rescue Center|
|Day 12||Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary|
|Day 13||Angkor Temples and Evening dance|
|Day 14||Angkor Temples, blessing and balloon ride at Angkor. PM visit to market, Artisans d'Angkor.|