From Vietnam's Hanoi to Cambodia's Angkor Wat
A superb trip for families and individuals, it blends the Vietnamese Mekong world and the magnificence of the Cambodian Khmer civilization. Begin by exploring Hanoi, do tai chi by the lake, and enjoy some Vietnamese music. Travel to the museum in Danang, then drive to the marvelous Viet-Chinese port town of Hoi An, and onto Ho Chi Minh City, to wander the markets, peek into the Cu Chi Tunnels, and marvel at the Cao Dai religion. Head down the Mekong Delta, take a boat from Vietnam's Can Tho to Phnom Penh, and end your journey in Siem Reap, exploring the temples of the Angkor Civilization.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3395.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, November 9, 2014 - Friday, November 21, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Hanoi. Cyclo ride and Cheo Performance.|
|Day 2||Hanoi Touring - Temple of Literature, Presidential Palace, cooking demonstration, History Museum, Opera House, Old Quarter, Puppet Show.|
|Day 3||Fly to Danang. Cham Museum and drive to Hoi An.|
|Day 4||Hoi An touring.|
|Day 5||My Son and free afternoon in Hoi An.|
|Day 6||Fly to Saigon and tour.|
|Day 7||Drive to Vinh Long. CochinChine cruise to Cai Be and villages.|
|Day 8||Head to Can Tho and Cai Rang Market. Drive to Chau Doc.|
|Day 9||Continue down the Mekong to Phnom Penh; Living History of Phnom Penh, including the National Museum and Royal Palace.|
|Day 10||Toul SLeng, Killing Fields, PSE Center and Markets.|
|Day 11||Fly to Siem Reap. Visit Artisans d'Angkor and McDermott Gallery. PM Angkor Thom. Evening dance performance.|
|Day 12||Visit Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei, Landmine Museum, Kbal Spean and Banteay Samre.|
|Day 13||Angkor Wat, Artisans d'Angkor, boat trip on the Tonle Sap. Fly back to Bangkok in the afternoon.|