Essential Chile: The Atacama Desert, Lake District and Patagonia
Leave behind the sophistication of Santiago and head north to the great Atacama Desert's Valley of the Moon, golden deserts, white salt flats, pink flamingos and blue lagoons. Further south are the Lake District's glacial lakes, snow-capped volcanoes like Torcopuri and Sairecabur, hot springs and isolated fishing villages.
The pride of Patagonia is Torres del Paine (pronounced pie-nay) National Park with its ancient caves, impressive mountain massifs, gargantuan glaciers, and a magnificent hike to the foot of Glacier Serrano.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3795.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Friday, January 24, 2014 - Tuesday, February 4, 2014 and Friday, March 21, 2014 - Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Santiago; Afternoon city tour.|
|Day 2||Fly to Calama; Transfer to San Pedro de Atacama; Visit Salt Mountain, Death Valley, Valley of the Moon.|
|Day 3||Atacama Salt Flats, Chaxa Lagoon, Toconao & Socaire villages.|
|Day 4||Sunrise at the Geysers del Tatio and hike around area. Afternoon free.|
|Day 5||Fly to Puerto Mont; Rest of the day at leisure.|
|Day 6||Explore Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt.|
|Day 7||Full day at Chiloe Island.|
|Day 8||Fly to Punta Arenas; Take hour bus ride to Puerto Natales.|
|Day 9||Sail around fjords and glaciers.|
|Day 10||Torres del Paine National Park.|
|Day 11||Travel by bus and plane back to Santiago.|
|Day 12||Transfer to the airport for your flight home.|