Classic China: Beijing, Xian, Pingyao, Guilin and Shanghai
China's trains are a door to the culture and scenery of this fascinatingly diverse country. This journey is an opportunity to experience the historical legacy of China's great cities and towns.
Beginning in Beijing with the Forbidden City and Great Wall, you travel northeast to Pingyao, the best preserved of all of the walled cities, and Xian, famous for its terra cotta soldiers and Tang Dynasty relics. Leaving Xian, you will head to the rice fields of Longshen, the Li River and surrounding villages. Your journey ends in Shanghai, perhaps the most cosmopolitan of China's cities.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5995.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, March 9, 2014 - Friday, March 21, 2014 and Sunday, October 12, 2014 - Friday, October 24, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Beijing. Evening walk through Wangfujing Night Market and light dinner|
|Day 2||Explore the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, and the Hutongs|
|Day 3||Tour the Summer Palace and 798. Drive out to Mutianyu and visit Great Wall in the late afternoon.|
|Day 4||Return to Beijing. Visit Lama Temple. Pass the Bird's Nest Olympic site. PM flight to Taiyuan on MU 2120/2220.|
|Day 5||Drive to Pingyao and explore the city|
|Day 6||Qiao Family Compound, Ri Sheng Chang Financial House, Ming and Qing Street Residence.|
|Day 7||Fly to Xian CA 646(1045/1140) and visit the Terracotta Soldier and Horse Museum|
|Day 8||Tour Xian. Dumpling Dinner|
|Day 9||Fly to Guilin and walk around town, cave and along river|
|Day 10||Explore villages and river|
|Day 11||Visit Longji Titian. Fly to Shanghai.|
|Day 12||Explore the city. Acrobat show and Farewell dinner|
|Day 13||Transfer to the airport for your flight home|