NEW! Traditional China: Beijing, Xian, The Yangtze, Guizhou and Shanghai
China is a fascinatingly diverse country. This journey is an opportunity to experience the historical legacy of China's great cities and towns and enjoy the rural areas with their cultural richness. Beginning in Beijing with the Forbidden City and Great Wall, you travel northeast to Xian, famous for its terra cotta soldiers and Tang Dynasty relics. Leaving Xian, you head to Yuchang for a five-night boat trip on the Yangtze, before flying to Guiyang and visiting the Miao and Dong people of the area. Your journey ends in Shanghai, perhaps the most cosmopolitan of China's cities.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $7395.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Saturday, February 7, 2015 - Monday, February 23, 2015 and Saturday, October 10, 2015 - Monday, October 26, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Beijing. Evening walk through Wangfujing Night Market and light dinner.|
|Day 2||Explore the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City and the Hutongs.|
|Day 3||Tour the Summer Palace and 798, drive out to Mutianyu and visit Great Wall late afternoon.|
|Day 4||Return to Beijing. Visit Gymnastic school and 798. Fly Xian on CA 1225 (1525/1725).|
|Day 5||Visit Terracotta Soldiers. Tour city. Evening Tang Dynasty Show.|
|Day 6||Fly Wuhan on HU 7889 (0820/0930). Visit Hubei Provincial Museum. Bullet train to Yichang and board ship for Yangtze Cruise.|
|Day 7||On the boat.|
|Day 8||On the boat.|
|Day 9||On the boat.|
|Day 10||Arrive Chongqing. Flying Tiger Museum, Chongqing Zoo and pandas. Ancient Chongqing area.|
|Day 11||Fly to Guiyang on CZ 3475 (1030/1120). Visit Guiyang Ancient Town.|
|Day 12||Drive Kaili. Visit Miao Villages.|
|Day 13||Visit more villages.|
|Day 14||Visit Langde Miao Village and Embroidery workshop.|
|Day 15||Return to Guiyang and fly Shanghai on CZ 3567 (1240/1455). Evening Acrobatic Show.|
|Day 16||Explore the city. Farewell dinner.|
|Day 17||Transfer to airport for flight home.|