Guizhou and Guanxi: Festivals, People and Their Land
Enjoy the Sister's Meal Festival (Valentine's Day for the Miao) in April and the famous Lusheng Festival in November amid a kaleidoscope of colorful local ethnic groups. Wonder at the incredible artistry and detail of the textiles of the different Miao and Dong and other hill tribe villages in Guizhou, China's least traveled province. From batik to embroidery to jewelry, from festivals to daily life, this trip is an ethnologist, textile collector or designer's dream. Sit down with the villagers, learn their sewing and batik techniques, play with the children, enjoy the ceremonies and try out their delicious food. Your journey begins in Guiyang, the capital of Guizhou Province. From Guiyang, you will travel to a series of Miao and Dong villagers, many rarely visited by westerners, before returning to Guiyang. Not only is this a journey of people and wonderful villages, but you can shop and shop and shop!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4350.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Saturday, April 12, 2014 - Thursday, April 24, 2014 (Sister's Meal Festival) and Thursday, October 16, 2014 - Tuesday, October 28, 2014 (Lusheng Festival)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Guiyang from Beijing. Optional touring depending on arrival time.|
|Day 2||Tour Guiyang and drive to Kaili. PM Visit Shiqing Miao Village|
|Day 3||Kaili/Shibing - Visit matang Geija Village and Wangxiang Miao village|
|Day 4||Sister’s Meal Festival|
|Day 5||Visit Langde Miao Village. Talk and meeting with Mrs. Yang at Museum.|
|Day 6||Kaili/Libo – 5 hour drive. Visit villages in the Libo Area.|
|Day 7||World Heritage Xiaoqikong Section. Yao Village|
|Day 8||5 hours drive via Sandu to Zhaoxing. Visit Dong Village.|
|Day 9||Explore more in the Zhoaxing Area.|
|Day 10||Drive to Sanjiang and explore Chengyangqiao Roofed Bridge and Ma’an Dong Village.|
|Day 11||Drive Longfeng and see the Longi Terraced Fields.|
|Day 12||Explore Longfeng and the area. Drive to Hot Springs Hotel and enjoy the water.|
|Day 13||Drive Guilin in time for your flight to Beijing.|