China to Myanmar: Yunnan to Yangon
A most unusual journey across borders and cultures. Beginning with a flight from Kunming to Lijang, you will explore the world of Naxi - the grottos of Shebaoshan, the homes of the Shaxi and the tie-dying village of Chouchen. After a drive to Dali, the world of the Vai, you will boat on Lake Erhai and wander this ancient city and its Old Town. Cross the border into Myanmar at Muse and travel through the Shan countryside. Visit more well-known towns of Myanmar - Mandalay with its crafts, markets and puppet shows, to Bagan, on the banks of the Irawaddy. Finish your trip in the magical city of Yangon, wandering the pagodas with the pilgrims and locals, dining at restaurants, enjoying the parks and shopping for treasures in the stores.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $8895.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, March 8, 2015 - Friday, March 27, 2015 and Sunday, October 4, 2015 - Friday, October 23, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kunming.|
|Day 2||Fly to Lijang. Tour Xuan Ke Museum and enjoy a Naxi music and dance concert.|
|Day 3||Explore Lijang and its surroundings.|
|Day 4||Visit Shebaoshan and continue to the village of Shaxi.|
|Day 5||Stop at Chouchen and Xizhou villages before reaching Dali.|
|Day 6||Explore the Zhonghe and Guyanin temples and enjoy a boat ride on Lake Erhai.|
|Day 7||Drive to Baoshan.|
|Day 8||Drive to Tenchong and stop at the Cemetery of Chinese National Heroes.|
|Day 9||Explore Tenchong's natural phenomenas.|
|Day 10||Drive through Dehong, stopping at Ruili and Golden Pagoda.|
|Day 11||Cross into Myanmar and drive to Lashio and on to Hsipaw.|
|Day 12||Visit Hsipaw on the way to Pyin-O-Lwin.|
|Day 13||Explore the villages and waterfalls.|
|Day 14||Head to Mandalay. Tour Kuthodaw and Kyaukdawgyi Pagodas as well as Shwenandaw Kyaung.|
|Day 15||Visit Amarapura and the Sagaing Hills.|
|Day 16||Fly to Bagan and explore the area.|
|Day 17||Visit Mt. Popa and Salay.|
|Day 18||Fly to Yangon and tour the city.|
|Day 19||Continue exploring including the Sule and Botataung Pagodas.|
|Day 20||Transfer to the airport.|