Ecuador: An Adventure In The Clouds - Birds, Butterflies and Orchids
Hidden deep in the emerald green Andean cloud forests of Ecuador are confetti clouds of colorful butterflies, the fluttering wings of hummingbirds and tiny jewel-like orchids clinging to centuries-old trees. A hike at Cotopaxi, the world's highest active volcano, will literally take your breath away.
Indulge your lust for wildlife in some of the country's least-known private reserves - no crowds of humans, just plenty of flora and fauna. Stay in remote eco-lodges and cozy haciendas, hike to waterfalls and crater lakes, relax in hot springs and discover the best of natural Ecuador!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4125.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Friday, January 9, 2015 - Sunday, January 18, 2015 and Friday, October 9, 2015 - Sunday, October 18, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Quito, transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Quito city tour, Mindo Cloud Forest for butterflies and orchids|
|Day 3||Birding at Bellavista|
|Day 4||Pahuma Ecological Reserve for orchids and waterfalls|
|Day 5||Otavalo Indian Market, Lake Cuicocha hike, craft villages|
|Day 6||Papallacta Hot Springs|
|Day 7||Morning at leisure, Cotopaxi National Park|
|Day 8||Hike around Cotopaxi National Park|
|Day 9||Local village market, Return to Quito|
|Day 10||Depart Quito, transfer to airport|