Insider's Ecuador: Markets, Haciendas, Trains and Village Life
So much of Ecuador's fame comes from the Galapagos Islands, but on the mainland, we've fallen in love with its gracious and friendly people, bustling village markets, small towns filled with cobblestone streets and gold churches and everywhere, mountains and volcanoes and waterfalls!
This nine-day adventure celebrates Ecuador's rich heritage and spectacular landscapes. You'll take back roads and follow trails to find the Real Ecuador, the Insider's Ecuador.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3550.00 per night (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, March 9, 2014 - Monday, March 17, 2014 and Sunday, November 9, 2014 - Monday, November 17, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Quito, transfer to hotel. *Must be a Sunday|
|Day 2||Otavalo, Cuicocha Crater Lake, Cotacachi leather crafts village.|
|Day 3||Cotopaxi National Park, hike Limpiopungo Lake|
|Day 4||Village market, Banos, hike to Devil's Cauldron Waterfalls.|
|Day 5||Guamote market, Riobambo tour.|
|Day 6||Devil's Nose Train, Ingapirca ruins, Cuenca.|
|Day 7||Cuenca tour.|
|Day 8||Morning at leisure, fly to Quito, transfer to hotel.|
|Day 9||Transfer to airport.|