NEW! Ecuador: Natural Healing At The Equator
Discover Ecuadorʼs highland haciendas hiking on wonderful trails over the Andes mountain range. Learn about the localsʼ traditions and wonderful skills in the making of handicrafts and tasty regional dishes. Afterwards, participate in a mystical healing ritual, one that will make you breathe deep and think about where you are spiritually. How does your beliefs compare to those of a natural healers? We’ve included a visit to the Otavalo Indian Craft Market, the largest fair in South America and famous worldwide for its massive and colorful offerings of textiles, jewelry and magnificent handicrafts. Hike up one of the tallest active volcanoes in the world and take in a breathtaking and panoramic view of the surrounding valleys and neighboring snowcapped mountains.
Train lovers will enjoy the infamous Ecuador train through ʻThe Devilʼs Noseʼ, considered by many the most difficult railway in the world. Top off this exciting trip visiting Ecuadorʼs Amazon basin where you will discover a unique and complex ecosystem, medicinal plants, exotic birdlife and magnificent animals with the help of a naturalist, born and raised in the Amazon and part of the Achuar tribe, which has taken an oath to protect their family grounds. Finally, discover the healing power of the famous beverage “Guayusa” used by a wise shaman to heal the spirit. (Front cover image courtesy of Kapawi Lodge.)
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5925.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Thursday, January 15, 2015 - Monday, January 26, 2015 and Thursday, July 16, 2015 - Monday, July 27, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Quito, transfer to hotel.|
|Day 2||Visit Sun Dial at the Equator, transfer to Hacienda Zuleta.|
|Day 3||Cooking class, Andean Condor Project, local textiles.|
|Day 4||Meet Andean “medicine man” and learn about Otavalo culture with stop at Otavalo Indigenous Market.|
|Day 5||Cotopaxi National Park to hike to summit active volcano (rated: challenging). Continue to Riobamba.|
|Day 6||Train ride aboard La Nariz Del Diablo (Devil’s Nose). Continue to Baños.|
|Day 7||Hike to Mantle Of The Bride Waterfalls. Fly to Shell for flight to Kapawi Lodge.|
|Day 8||Explore Amazon Basin: hikes, bird-watching, wildlife, medicinal plants, meet local Amazon community.|
|Day 9||Explore Amazon Basin: hikes, bird-watching, wildlife, medicinal plants, meet local Amazon community.|
|Day 10||Explore Amazon Basin: hikes, bird-watching, wildlife, medicinal plants, meet local Amazon community.|
|Day 11||Return to Shell to fly back to Quito.|
|Day 12||Transfer for flight back to USA.|