Simply Galapagos: Easy Land-Based Explorations
Fly to Baltra in the Galapagos, ferry to the island of Santa Cruz, and arrive at your hotel in Puerto Ayora. Home to the Charles Darwin Research Station, you can explore the island, snorkel and dive at a nearby beach or lagoon, or take a day trip to nearby islands for a glimpse of the famous Galapagos wildlife.
Meet newfound friends for dinner at a restaurant on Darwin Avenue, or just find a hammock to watch the glorious sunsets.
This itinerary is perfect for independent travelers who are short on either time or budget and want a land-based Galapagos itinerary. Price includes internal flights.
No one knows the islands better than us. We're proud that one of America's top Galapagos experts is right here at Myths and Mountains. Our vice president, Allie Almario, has traveled to the Galapagos more than a dozen times and has worked on several guidebooks and film documentaries about the archipelago. She is also the former executive director of the International Galapagos Tour Operators Association and is the go-to expert for the media when questions about Galapagos conservation issues are raised.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2890.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Any time based on availability
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Quito, transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Transfer to airport, fly to Galapagos, transfer to hotel|
|Day 3||At leisure in the Galapagos|
|Day 4||At leisure in the Galapagos|
|Day 5||At leisure in the Galapagos|
|Day 6||At leisure in the Galapagos|
|Day 7||Transfer to the airport, fly to Quito, transfer to Quito hotel|
|Day 8||Transfer to the airport to fly back home|