India is a country with many cultural and architectural treasures – the Taj Mahal, the Hindu temples of Khajuraho, Varanasi, South Asia’s richest collection of prehistoric paintings, the Buddhist temples of Sanchi, and the beautiful Islamic provincial architecture of Mandu. This trip does it all, traveling from Delhi, through Jaipur and Agra, down to Varanasi and over to Bhopal, before finishing in Mumbai. Not only will you visit some of the most spectacular treasures of India, but you will have time to meet people, get a sense of the many great religions that are part of India’s heritage, and even sneak in a visit to one of the wildlife parks – all in about 15 days!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $6495.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Monday, February 16, 2015 - Monday, March 2, 2015 (Khajuraho Dance Festival) and Thursday, November 5, 2015 - Thursday, November 19, 2015 (Diwali Festival)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Delhi|
|Day 2||Tour Delhi including Jain Temple, Red Fort, Crafts Museum and Gandhi Memorial|
|Day 3||Drive to Agra; Explore the Agra Fort and Taj Mahal|
|Day 4||Stop at either Keoladeo Ghana National Park or Fatehpur Sikri on way to Jaipur|
|Day 5||Tour Amber Fort, City Palace and Jantar Mantar|
|Day 6||Fly to Varanasi via Delhi|
|Day 7||Enjoy a boat ride on the Ganges; Visit to the holy city of Sarnath. In the Fall - Diwali Festival|
|Day 8||Fly to Khajuraho and drive Sarai at Toria. In the spring, enjoy Khajuraho Dance Festival|
|Day 9||Tour Panna, fish, walk, bird, visit fort or visit chhatris and museum from Sarai at Toria|
|Day 10||Drive Orchha and explore town|
|Day 11||Drive Jhansi and train to Bhopal. Visit Bhimbetaka rock shelters|
|Day 12||Visit Sanchi and Bhopal city|
|Day 13||Drive Maheshwar|
|Day 14||Explore town, take boat ride on Namada River, or explore Mandu|
|Day 15||Fly Mumbai or Delhi, have dinner and connect with flight out.|