India: Rajasthan - Decadence, Deserts and Desserts
This special trip blends the luxury of Rajasthan – its palaces, forts, and art – with the charm of the desert and the radiance of its people. Moreover, you have a chance to taste the rich culture of Delhi and Agra along the way.
Your program begins at the Oberoi in Delhi. From here, you visit the City and get a sense of the religious and cultural diversity of the place. Next, you travel to Agra, as one cannot visit India without a stop at the Taj Mahal. From Agra, your path continues to Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, on to Jodhpur, and then into the desert to experience camel riding and the beautiful desert camp. You end your journey back in Delhi, when you’ll visit the Old City this time before departing for home.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5995.00 per person (based on 2-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, March 1, 2015 - Saturday, March 14, 2015 (Shivaratri in Jaipur) and Friday, October 30, 2015 - Thursday, November 12, 2015 (Diwali in Udaipur)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Delhi. Met and transferred to hotel.|
|Day 2||Delhi touring.|
|Day 3||Drive Agra and tour. Sunset at the Taj Mahal.|
|Day 4||Sunrise at the Taj Mahal. Drive Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikri or Keoladeo National Park.|
|Day 5||Day spent touring Milk Market, Amber Fort, City Palace, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal.|
|Day 6||Day to visit craft shops and markets. Evening dinner with a local Rajput family.|
|Day 7||Drive Jaipur to Bikaner via Fatehpur and camel breeding farm.|
|Day 8||Explore Bikaner.|
|Day 9||Drive into the Thar Desert. Camel ride through the dunes and special dinner.|
|Day 10||Drive to Jodhpur. Visit Mehrengarh Fort, clock tower and market.|
|Day 11||Continue exploring Jodhpur. Special dinner.|
|Day 12||Drive Udaipur via Ranakpur. In October enjoy Diwali.|
|Day 13||Tour Udaipur. In October enjoy Diwali.|
|Day 14||Visit Old City. PM flight to Delhi. Dinner on your own and transfer to airport for flight home.|