Rajasthan: Decadence, Deserts and Desserts
This special trip blends the luxury of Rajasthan - its palaces, forts, and art – with the charm of the desert and the radiance of its people. Moreover, you have a chance to taste the rich culture of Delhi and Agra along the way.
Your program begins at the Imperial in Delhi. From here, you visit the Old City and get a sense of the religious and cultural diversity of the place. Next, you travel to Udaipur, with its lake, palaces and bustling old city, as well as its beautiful countryside. Crossing the desert, you head to Jodhpur and then on to Nagaur to enjoy the festival in the winter and the town in the fall.
Your path takes a turn towards the Shekavati area of Rajasthan and then Jaipur follows, famous not only for its palaces, but art, textiles and jewelry. From Jaipur, you drive to Agra and the Taj, via Fatehpur Sikri, before heading full circle back to Delhi.
Along the way, you have some unique treats – a walk through Delhi with some children, a cooking lesson in Udaipur, camel safari in the desert and, in February, the Nagaur Cattle Festival.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5995.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Saturday, October 11, 2014 - Friday, October 24, 2014 (Diwali)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Delhi. Met and transferred to hotel.|
|Day 2||Delhi touring.|
|Day 3||Fly Udaipur and drive to Devigarh. PM village tour.|
|Day 4||AM visit to Udaipur City Palace. Cooking lesson and lunch with family. PM visit to Old City.|
|Day 5||Drive to Mihirgarh, stopping en route at Ranakpur.|
|Day 6||AM Camel safari. PM jeep safari into the desert.|
|Day 7||Am tour of Jodhpur with lunch overlooking the palace. Continue to Nagaur.|
|Day 8||February - Full day at Nagaur Festival. October - Tour the town and the area.|
|Day 9||Drive to Bikaner. PM tour of city.|
|Day 10||Drive to Jaipur via Fatehpur and Navalgarh.|
|Day 11||Jaipur touring.|
|Day 12||Drive Agra, stopping at Fatehpur Sikri on the way. PM visit to Agra Fort and Taj Mahal for sunset.|
|Day 13||AM at the Taj. Visit town and return to Delhi to the airport.|