The Kalachakra Teachings, Ladakh and Kashmir
This summer, nestled in the Indian Himalayas, His Holiness, The Dalai Lama, is going to give the Kalachakra Teachings and Initiation and, during the teachings, there is also the opportunity to witness the Hemis Festival. This unique trip presents those who wish with two opportunities. Together, a group will arrive in India on July 4 and travel to Ladakh. There, they can participate in the Kalachakra Teachings, the Hemis Festival and see a bit of Leh and the surrounding area.
Those who wish can remain in Ladakh for the initiation and empowerment, flying home on July 15. A second group can leave Leh after the teachings on July 9 to explore Nubra and then head out via Alchi and Kargil to Srinagar in Kashmir. There they can explore the valley, stay on a houseboat, and wander the markets and old town. This second group will fly home on July 19.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4895.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Friday, July 4 - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 (Teachings, Initiations, and Hemis Festival); Friday, July 4 - Saturday, July 19, 2014 (Teachings, Hemis Festival and Kashmir)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Delhi|
|Day 2||Fly Ladakh. PM visit to Shanti Stupa and Market|
|Day 3||AM Preliminary Kalachakra Teachings. PM visit to Stok|
|Day 4||Morning prayers at Thiksey and picnic breakfast. Full day at preliminary Kalachakra Teachings or visit Hemis for the Hemis Festival. PM visit to Leh Bazaar|
|Day 5||Visit Hemis for 2nd and final day of festival|
|Day 6||Full day at Teachings. Kalachakra Ritual Dance (Group 1) / Drive Nubra Valley. Visit sand dunes and camel ride (Group 2)|
|Day 7||Full day at teachings and first day of Kalachakra Initiation (Group 1) / Visit Diskit and Samstangling Monasgeries (Group 2)|
|Day 8||Full day at the Teachings and Initiation (Group 1) / Return to Leh via Kardung La (Group 2)|
|Day 9||Full day at the Teachings and Initiation (Group 1) / Drive to Alchi, via Likir and Basgo (Group 2)|
|Day 10||Full day at the Teachings and Initiation (Group 1) / Drive to Kargil via Lamayuru and Mulbek (Group 2)|
|Day 11||Full day at the Teachings and Initiation (Group 1) / Kargil to Srinagar, via Drass (Group 2)|
|Day 12||Transfer to airport and fly Delhi. Day room at the Oberoi Grand. Transfer to airport for late night flight home. (Group 1) / Explore Srinagar (Group 2)|
|Day 13||Visit Gulmarg with a special lunch (Group 2)|
|Day 14||Walking tour through old town. Visit Nishat Gardens and then boat ride through Dal Lake. (Group 2)|
|Day 15||AM cruise on the Jelum. PM visit to Andraab factory and time to explore shops. Evening Kashmiri Feast - Wasawan (Group 2)|
|Day 16||Transfer to airport and fly Delhi. Day room at the Oberoi Grand. Transfer to airport for late night flight home. (Group 2)|