India: Rivers, Rhinos and Religion - Assam, Sikkim, Varanasi and Khajuraho
A most unusual program combining Sikkim and Assam, with Delhi, Varanasi, Khajuraho and Kolkata. The journey combines visits to Panna National Park near Khajuraho and rarely visited Orang National Park in Assam.
Along the way, you search for Gangetic Dolphins, take boat rides on the Brahmaputra and Ganges Rivers - two of India's holiest rivers - wander sacred lakes and monasteries in Sikkim and enjoy the sacred rituals of Varanasi.
Then, of course, there are the people - tribal villagers in Assam, Buddhists in Sikkim, sadhus in Varanasi and many more!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $6295.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Friday, January 30, 2015 - Saturday, February 14, 2015 and Friday, November 6, 2015 - Saturday, November 21, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Delhi.|
|Day 2||Tour Delhi|
|Day 3||Fly to Khajuraho. Visit temples and drive Sarai Toria.|
|Day 4||Day to choose activities.|
|Day 5||Return to Khajuraho and fly Varanasi. Evening arti and boat ride on the Ganges.|
|Day 6||Morning boat ride on the Ganges and walk through the old town. Fly Kolkata.|
|Day 7||Tour Kolkata.|
|Day 8||Fly Bagdogra and drive to Pelling in Sikkim.|
|Day 9||Tour the monasteries and lakes around Pelling.|
|Day 10||Drive to Gangtok.|
|Day 11||Tour Gangtok.|
|Day 12||Return to Bagdogra and catch a short flight to Guwahati. Board MV Charaidew for trip on the Brahmaputra.|
|Day 13||Cruise along the river stopping along the way.|
|Day 14||Continue boat ride and village explorations.|
|Day 15||Continue boat ride, stopping at Kaziranga and visit park.|
|Day 16||Disembark and fly Delhi. Upon arrival, dinner and taken to airport to fly home.|