NEW! India: Ladakh - Trekking and Touring the Last Shangrila
A mountainous area, surrounded by high hills of brown talus and snowy mountains that stand as sentinels in the sky, Ladakh lies to the northwest of the Indian sub-continent at altitudes of between 10,000 and 20,000 feet. The multicolored mountain ranges are ornamented with monasteries, temples, caves, castles, and stupas. The great river Indus flows through the middle of Ladakh and the capital Leh is at the center. During the winter, Ladakh is quite cold and there is much snow, but from May until October, it is a spectacularly beautiful place to visit.
This very special taste of Shangrila does a bit of trekking, relishes the beauty of some of the key lakes, crosses the world’s highest motorable pass and gets inside the fascinating culture of this high-altitude Shangrila.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5295.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, July 12, 2015 - Wednesday, July 29, 2015 (Phyang Festival) and Sunday, August 2, 2015 - Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Delhi. Altitude and trekking time: 11,562 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 2||Fly Leh. Late afternoon walk through market. Altitude and trekking time: 11,562 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 3||Visit Military Hall of Fame, Stok, Thikse and Choklamsar and the local oracle. Altitude and trekking time: 11,562 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 4||July - Enjoy the Phyang Festival, August - Hemis, Shey and Spitok. Altitude and trekking time: estimated 11,562 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 5||Drive to Likir and trek to Yangthang Village. Altitude and trekking time: 12,200 feet / 3-4 hours trek|
|Day 6||Trek to Hemis Sukpachan. Altitude and trekking time: 11,867 feet / 5-6 hours trek|
|Day 7||Trek to Timosgam and drive to Ulley Topko. Altitude and trekking time: 3-4 hours trek|
|Day 8||Return to Leh via Lamayuru. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 9||Drive to Nubra Valley via Kardung La. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 10||Explore valley. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 11||Return to Leh. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 12||Drive to Pangong Tso and explore. Altitude and trekking time: 14,764 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 13||Drive to Tso Morari. Altitude and trekking time: 14,562 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 14||Explore Tso Morari. Altitude and trekking time: 14,562 feet / no trekking today|
|Day 15||Return to Leh via Tsokar Lake. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 16||Day of rafting on the Indus. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 17||Fly Leh to Delhi. Free day with car available. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|
|Day 18||Delhi sightseeing - Jama Masjid, Jain Temple, Gandhi Home, Crafts Museum. Farewell dinner and transfer to airport. Altitude and trekking time: No trekking today|