South India: The Glory Of The Past And The Vision Of The Future
This trip is truly one of a kind – a unique way to see the architectural treasures of South India and experience the people and their festivals. Here you can see some of the finest temples in all of India – Halibid, Somnathpur, Belur, Hampi, Aihole, Badami – the embodiment of the southern Dravidian culture and sites that will leave you awestruck. But temples are not all! You can explore Hydrabad, enjoy game drives in Nagarhole, smell the incense of Mysore, wander tiny towns, and end your your journey sunbathing on the beach in Goa.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5595.00 per person (January Trip Dates: $6695.00 based on 2-6 people and October Trip Dates: $5595.00 based on 2-6 people)
Dates: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - Saturday, January 31, 2015 and Saturday, October 17, 2015 - Saturday, October 31, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Hyderabad|
|Day 2||Hyderabad touring|
|Day 3||Fly Bangalore. Visit town. After lunch, drive Mysore|
|Day 4||Tour Mysore|
|Day 5||Drive to Nagarhole. Afternoon game drive|
|Day 6||AM game viewing in the park. PM visit to tribal hamlets|
|Day 7||Drive Chiklamagur. Visit town|
|Day 8||Visit the Temples of Belur and Halebid|
|Day 9||Drive to Hampi|
|Day 10||Explore Hampi and its surroundings. Lunch at The Mango Tree.|
|Day 11||Drive to Badami. Afternoon to explore the cave temples and area|
|Day 12||Drive to Goa|
|Day 13||AM to explore Goa. PM on the beach|
|Day 14||Free day on the beach|
|Day 15||Transfer to the airport and fly Mumbai. Dinner (on your own) and transfer to the airport for homeward flight|