NEW! India: Ladakh - Festivals, Monasteries, People and Waters
A mountainous area, surrounded by high hills of brown talus and snowy mountains that stand as sentinels in the sky, Ladakh lies to the northwest of the Indian sub-continent at altitudes of between 10,000 and 20,000 feet. The multicolored mountain ranges are ornamented with monasteries, temples, caves, castles, and stupas. The great river Indus flows through the middle of Ladakh and the capital Leh is at the center. During the winter, Ladakh is quite cold and there is much snow, but from May until October, it is a spectacularly beautiful place to visit. Beginning in Delhi, you will fly to Leh and do a series of day trips out of the Ladakhi capital to monasteries, palaces, and local homes, visit the spectacular Nubra Valley, raft the Indus River, and, depending on timing, enjoy one of the many summer festivals.
Note that this is a general itinerary, and will be adapted to suit the particular festival being celebrated.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4125.00 per person (based on 2-6 people)
Dates: Thursday, June 25, 2015 - Wednesday, July 8, 2015 (Hemis Festival) and Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - Tuesday, August 4, 2015 (Dak Thok Festival)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Delhi.|
|Day 2||Fly to Leh. Transfer. Evening slow walk around town.|
|Day 3||Shankar, Spitok, Tibetan Village and Oracle. In June, this day will be adjusted to visit the Hemis Festival.|
|Day 4||Hemis, Chemre and Dak Thok. In July, this day will be adjusted to visit the Dak Thok Festival.|
|Day 5||Visit Likir. Afternoon to visit textile crafts people and bazaar.|
|Day 6||Leh to the Nubra Valley.|
|Day 7||Explore Nubra Valley.|
|Day 8||Return to Leh.|
|Day 9||Rafting trip from Phey to Nimmu. Visit Alchi and possibly Ridzong.|
|Day 10||Visit Lamayuru and return to Ulley.|
|Day 11||Visit area around Ulley. Drive to near Leh and overnight with family.|
|Day 12||Spend time with the family. Return to Leh.|
|Day 13||Fly to Delhi. Afternoon free and available with car.|
|Day 14||Tour Delhi. Farewell dinner and late evening transfer to the airport.|