Indonesia: Islands In The Sun
Explore Indonesia's Islands in the sun!
This trip starts in Sulawesi, where you'll visit Tian Hou Gong temple and Fort Somba Opu Complex. Spend the next few days exploring Toraja, then make your way to Makassar. Following, you'll head to Bali, where you'll visit ARMA Museum, markets and participate in a purification ceremony. In Waingapu, you'll spend some time at the Sumba Ikat Weaving Centers - learning about the craft and art. Catch the sunrise at Kelimutu and make your way to Riung. Spend an evening on a boat when you head to Kalong Island. Finally, you'll make your way back to Bali where you'll depart for home.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5495.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - Thursday, April 30, 2015, Sunday, July 5, 2015 - Thursday, July 23, 2015 and Sunday, October 4, 2015 - Thursday, October 22, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Fly Sulawesi from Singapore on SQ 5142 (0845/1145). Lunch and visit to Tian Hou Gong temple. PM visit to Fort Somba Opu Complex.|
|Day 2||Drive Toraja via Leang Leang cave paintings and Bantimurung Waterfall.|
|Day 3||Tour Toraja – The Tongkonan, Lemo Village, Suaya village, Londa, and Ke’te Kesu Village.|
|Day 4||Continue Touring Toraja – Visit Palawa, drive to Batutumonga. PM walk to Lokomata Funeral site.|
|Day 5||Drive Makassar (8 hours). Fly Bali.|
|Day 6||Visit ARMA Museum. Join in activities. Visit market and then Tirta Empul for purification ceremony.|
|Day 7||Fly Waingapu on IW 1884 (0955/1125). Visit Prailiang.|
|Day 8||Visit Sumba Ikat Weaving Centers.|
|Day 9||AM visit to Waingapu market. Drive Waikabubak via Anakalang. PM visit to villages.|
|Day 10||Hike to Sodan and meet priest. Walk through valley. Drive Marosi and enjoy beach.|
|Day 11||Visit morning market. Fly Ende on MV 930 (1441/1526). Drive Moni.|
|Day 12||4 AM drive to Kelimutu for sunrise. Drive Wolotopo for Ikat and village. Continue to Riung via Pengajjawa beach.|
|Day 13||AM visit to conservation park. PM drive to Bajawa via megalithic villages.|
|Day 14||Visit hamlets, esp. Wogo and Bena. Drive Ruteng via Ranamese Lake.|
|Day 15||AM visit to Labuan Bajo via Cara Village. PM boat to Rinca to look for Komodo Dragons. On board to Kalong Island.|
|Day 16||Visit Batu Cermin Cave. Fly Denpasar on GA 4021 (1020/1145). Visit GWK. Drive to Uluwatu. Time permitting, enjoy Kecak Dance.|
|Day 17||Transfer to airport for flight home to Singapore on SQ 943 (1300/1535).|