The Hidden World of Laos
The odyssey begins in the charming town of Luang Prabang and includes the capital city of Vientiane. But, there is another side of Laos, a world of the mysterious Plain of Jars, the Bolavan Plateau and the magical islands of the Mekong, such as Don Khong and Don Det. Here in the Mekong area are the widest falls in the world and the largest in Southeast Asia, hidden jungle temples that are relics of the Khmer empire and abandoned French railways. Your journey ends when you cross the bridge into Thailand and explore the nearby cliff paintings.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3750.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Monday, February 3, 2014 - Sunday, February 16, 2014 and Monday, October 20, 2014 - Sunday, November 2, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Luang Prabang.|
|Day 2||Boat trip to Pak Ou Caves and local village. PM visit National Museum, wats and Ok Pop Tok.|
|Day 3||Visit Kouang Si Falls, local villages and Caruso Lao.|
|Day 4||Cooking class, touring in Luang Prabang and sunset on Mt. Phousi.|
|Day 5||Drive Phonesavan visiting different villages en route.|
|Day 6||Visit Plain of Jars, Muang Khoun and Tai Phouan.|
|Day 7||Visit local markets, including the Talat Hmong Market and villages.|
|Day 8||Visit UXO. Fly Vientiane on QV 40(1440/1510). Met and taken to hotel. Visit Pratuxai Park and enjoy sunset.|
|Day 9||Tour Vientiane.|
|Day 10||Fly Pakse on QV 51(0630/0745). Drive across Bolaven Plateau visiting villages and waterfalls.|
|Day 11||Drive to Don Khong Island, via Um Muang, and a ferry boat. PM visit the island.|
|Day 12||Boat ride to Don Det and Don Khone, visiting village, Li Phi Falls. PM free.|
|Day 13||Drive Pakse visiting Khone Phapeng Falls and Wat Phou.|
|Day 14||Drive to Ubon Ratchathani and see the Pha Taem Cliff Paintings. Fly back to Bangkok on TG 03(1745/1850).|