A Lao Workshop: Arts and Crafts, Nature, and Religion
Enjoy a series of hands-on opportunities to learn about Lao culture through its arts and crafts, religious practice and use and cultivation of plants and flowers. This unique offering allows guests to experience weaving, papermaking, cooking, gold leaf embroidery, orchid cultivation and use of plants for medicinal or dietary needs. Your teachers are local Lao people, including one of the last experts in the art of gold leaf embroidery. This very unusual trip, is only offered by Myths and Mountains.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3795.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Custom dates available.
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Luang Prabang from Bangkok on PG 94(0940/1140). Explore the town - National Museum, Wat Visoun, Wat Aham and Carol Cassidy's shop. Sunset on Mt. Phousi.|
|Day 2||Visit the market and organic farm. Hmong Batik Class.|
|Day 3||Natural dyes and weaving experience at Ok Pop Tok.|
|Day 4||Wat Xieng Thong, Pak Ou Caves, Traditional Arts and Ethnology Center.|
|Day 5||Visit Kuang Si Falls and local villages, including Ban Lopng Lao.|
|Day 6||Drive Ban Xang Kong. Learn Sa Papermaking from the people. End visit on Luang Prabang with Nophao team learning about gold thread embroidery, laquerware, and flower arranging. Take part in a Baci Ceremony, and enjoy a show and dance with cocktails and appetizers.|
|Day 7||Fly to Vientaine - visit Ho Pha Keo, That Luang, Patuxai, Textile Museum and an Antique Lao Textile shop.|
|Day 8||Orchid hunt and introduction to plants for medical or dietary use with villagers in Pha Xay.|
|Day 9||Experience Lao Meditation in Wat Nakhoun and Wat Sokpaluang. End with a Lao sauna and massage. Return to Bangkok on TG 57(2150/2255).|