Indonesia, Myanmar and Cambodia: Borobudur, Bagan and Angkor Wat
The temples of Borobudur, Bagan and Siem Reap are three of the great archeological world heritage sites of Asia. This powerful journey highlights three magnificent civilizations and introduces you to the diverse cultures of Myanmar, Cambodia and Indonesia. You don't just explore the temples, but visit the floating gardens of Inle Lake, wander the markets of Jogyakarta, enjoy the artisans of Bali, and take a boat on the magnificent Tonle Sap to visit the estuary and wildlife preserve. A journey to remember all your life!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5595.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Friday, March 14 - Sunday, March 30, 2014 and Friday, October 10 - Sunday, October 26, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Yangon; Evening cultural performance|
|Day 2||Tour Yangon including Shwedagon, Sule and Botataung Pagoda. Meeting with monk and visit to markets.|
|Day 3||Fly to Bagan and explore the area. Sunset boat ride on Irrawaddy.|
|Day 4||More touring in Bagan. Puppet Show.|
|Day 5||Fly to Heho on W14(0750/0830) and drive to Inle Lake, stopping at Taunggyi and a cheroot factory on the way.|
|Day 6||Tour the lake|
|Day 7||Drive back to Heho and fly Yangon on 6T 40(0945/1055). Free afternoon to wander.|
|Day 8||Fly Siem Reap on SM 40(0900/1110). Artisans d'Angkor. Afternoon at Angkor Thom. Elephant ride to Mt.akheng. Night Market.|
|Day 9||Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei, Landmine Museum, Banteay Samre, Sunset at Pre Rup.|
|Day 10||Optional sunrise at Ta Prohm. Ruolos Group of temples and Tonle Sap Boat Ride. Evening dinner and dance show.|
|Day 11||Fly to Singapore on MI 63(1225/154and connect to SQ 94(1640/1910) to Denpasar. Drive Ubud.|
|Day 12||Gunung Kawi Temple, rice terraces in Tegallalang and Yeh pulu and Goa Gajah. Learn about Balinese music.|
|Day 13||Visit Klungking, weaving village and visit with family. PM visit to Besakih Temple.|
|Day 14||Visit healer and stroll through Ubud. Afternoon cooking class.|
|Day 15||Fly to Jogyakarta on GA 25(0700/0715) and visit Sultan Palace, Water Castle, Bird Market. Afternoon visit to Merapi Volcano and museum and, time permitting, Jalan Malioboro and Benteng Vredenberg.|
|Day 16||AM visit to Borobudur, Pawon and Mendut. Cycle to Candi Rejo. Prambanan Temple Trimutri dance performance.|
|Day 17||Fly home.|