Myanmar is a country caught in a time warp, isolated from the rest of the world for more than 30 years, and leaping precipitously into modernity. Each day new shops spring up. Modern hotels are under construction in every city. Restaurants are catering to a rapidly growing tourist market. This trip covers some of the highlights of Burma, traveling from Yangon and Pegu, at the mouth of the Irawaddy River, up to Inle Lake in Shan State, east to Pindaya; northeast to the Mandalay and the ancient kingdom of Amarapura. Then you turn south to Bagan, city of 5,000 pagodas; and Mt. Popa, home to the nats, before returning to Yangon. For beachgoers, from Yangon, there is an extension to Ngapali for a bit of R&R.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5195.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - Tuesday, April 1, 2014; Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Yangon. Sunset at Shwedagon|
|Day 2||Tour Yangon including, Sule and Botataung Pagodas, National Museum, meeting with monks, Market. Fall - Chinese Float Ceremony (subject to change)|
|Day 3||Fly to Heho on 6T 45(0645/0900) Visit Taungyii, market and wine tasting. Drive to Inle Lake.|
|Day 4||Tour Inle Lake including Ywar Ma village, meeting with fisherman, Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, Inn Paw Khon Village and Nga Phe Kyaung Monastery|
|Day 5||Drive to Pindaya and visit caves|
|Day 6||Visit market and umbrella factory. Fly to Mandalay on W10(1525/1555)|
|Day 7||Explore Mandalay, including Kuthodaw Paya, Kyauktawgyi Pagoda and Shwendandaw Kyaung, handicraft workshops and Zegyo market. PM marionette show|
|Day 8||4AM visit to Mahamuni Temple to wash Buddha. Head out to Amarapura and Sagaing Hills. Sunset on Mandalay Hill|
|Day 9||Enjoy a boat ride down the Irawaddy to Bagan, stopping at Yandabo for pottery and a visit. Arrive Bagan at 183|
|Day 10||Tour Bagan, including archeological museum, school and pagodas|
|Day 11||Excursion to Mt. Popa And Salay|
|Day 12||More touring in Bagan including market and laquerware. PM flight to Yangon on 6T 50(1720/1840)|
|Day 13||Free day with car available until departure|
|Day 14||MRAUK U EXTENSION|
|Day 15||3: MRAUK U EXTENSION - Leisurely breakfast and late transfer to fly Sittwe on W(30(1200/1345). Visit Museum, Sitting Buddha, Fishing Port|
|Day 16||4: MRAUK U EXTENSION - Visit market.oat to Mrauk U. Visit temples and Shakama Thet Village. Sunset at Duk Kan Thein Paya|
|Day 17||5: MRAUK U EXTENSION - Boat excursion to visit Chin Villages. Sunset at Pagoda|
|Day 18||6: MRAUK U EXTENSION - Mrauk U Market. Visit Wethali and Mahamuni. Afternoon sightseeing in Mrauk U|
|Day 19||7: MRAUK U EXTENSION - Boat from Mrauk U to Sittwe. Fly W31(1400/1545) to Yangon. Afternoon free|
|Day 20||8: MRAUK U EXTENSION - Transfer Out|
|Day 21||NGAPALI EXTENSION|
|Day 22||3: NGAPALI EXTENSION - Fly Ngapali on. Free day|
|Day 23||4: NGAPALI EXTENSION - Free day on the beach|
|Day 24||5: NGAPALI EXTENSION - Free day on the beach|
|Day 25||6: NGAPALI EXTENSION - Fly Yangon on W14(1015/1105). Afternoon free|
|Day 26||7: NGAPALI EXTENSION - Transfer Out|