Myanmar is a country caught in a time warp, isolated from the rest of the world for more than 30 years, and leaping precipitously into modernity. Each day new shops spring up. Modern hotels are under construction in every city. Restaurants are catering to a rapidly growing tourist market. This trip covers some of the highlights of Burma, traveling from Yangon and Pegu, at the mouth of the Irawaddy River, up to Inle Lake in Shan State, east to Pindaya; northeast to the Mandalay and the ancient kingdom of Amarapura. Then you turn south to Bagan, city of 5,000 pagodas; and Mt. Popa, home to the nats, before returning to Yangon.
For beachgoers, from Yangon, there is an extension to Ngapali for a bit of R&R.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $5550.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Friday, March 20, 2015 - Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Friday, October 23, 2015 - Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Yangon. SUnset at Shwedagon. Walk through China Town.|
|Day 2||Train Ride. Visit Sule Pagoda, market and walk through British Buildings. National Museum, meeting with monks, Scotts Market.|
|Day 3||Fly to Heho. Visit Taungyii, market and wine tasting. Drive to Inle Lake.|
|Day 4||Tour Inle Lake including Ywar Ma Village, meeting with fisherman, Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, Inn Paw Khon Village and Nga Phe Kyaung Monastery.|
|Day 5||Drive to Pindaya and visit caves.|
|Day 6||Visit market and umbrella factory. Fly to Mandalay.|
|Day 7||Explore Mandalay - Kuthodaw Paya, Kyauktawgyi Pagoda and Shwendandaw Kyaung, handicraft workshops and Zegyo Market. Evening marionette show.|
|Day 8||4 AM visit to Mahamuni Temple to wash Buddha. Head out to Amarapura and Sagaing Hills. Sunset on Mandalay Hill.|
|Day 9||Drive Monywa and visit the caves.|
|Day 10||Drive Pakkoku, visiting villages along the way. Take a 2 hour boat ride down the Irawaddy to Bagan.|
|Day 11||Balloon over Bagan. Then tour city, including archeological museum, school and pagodas.|
|Day 12||Excursion to Mt. Popa and Salay.|
|Day 13||More touring in Bagan including market and laquerware. Evening flight to Yangon.|
|Day 14||OPTION 1: Free day with car available until departure or OPTION 2: Start Ngapali Extension - Fly Ngapali and rest of day at leisure.|
|Day 15||Free day on the beach.|
|Day 16||Free day on the beach.|
|Day 17||Fly Yangon and afternoon free to explore.|
|Day 18||Depart Myanmar for home.|