A Taste of Myanmar
Burma is a magical country where people kiss by sniffing, there are eight days in a week and the major unit of currency has been determined by astrology! Fairy tale pagodas in cotton candy colors of pink and blue dot the landscape, people cover their face with white powder from the bark of a tree, and clouds and mist cast a romantic tropical haze over the country.
This trip covers some of the highlights of Burma, traveling from Yangon, at the mouth of the Irawaddy River; up to Bagan, city of 5,000 pagodas; farther north to Mandalay and the ancient kingdom of Amarapura; east to Taungyii, and Inle Lake in Shan State; and back down to Yangon.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3395.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Custom dates available.
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Yangon; Evening cultural performance|
|Day 2||Tour Yangon including Sule and Botataung Pagoda. Visit meditation center and meet with monks. National Museum, Art and D�cor Women�s Home, Tea at the Strand, Sunset at Shwedagon.|
|Day 3||Fly to Bagan on W14(0615/0735) and explore the area, including cave temple and sunset boat ride on the Irawaddy.|
|Day 4||Fly to Mandalay on W14(0805/0835) and enjoy a city tour, particularly of the handicraft workshops and Zegyo Market. Sunset at Mandalay Hill and Marionette Show.|
|Day 5||AM bathing of Budhha at Mahamuni Paya. Head out to Amarapura and Sagaing Hills; Fly to Heho on 6T 451-(1315/1440) and drive to Inle Lake.|
|Day 6||Tour the lake and floating gardens, visit Ywar Ma and workshops, meet with local fishermen.|
|Day 7||Visit Taungyii, fly back to Yangon on W11(1645/1755).|
|Day 8||Transfer for your flight home.|