NEW! Myanmar and Its Hill Tribes
Myanmar is the largest country in Southeast Asia – twice as large as Vietnam and approximately the size of Great Britain and France combined. Within the borders are as many as 135 nationalities each with their own languages and dialects. Travel on this trip to hill tribe villages that are not part of the typical tourist route – Mindut, Kampetlet, Kyaing Tong, Kalaw – as well as a short trek to an elephant camp. Spend time in villages and markets with the locals and enjoy their engaging simplicity. At the same time, you will not miss out on classic Myanmar, visiting Bagan, Mandalay and Inle as well.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $7195.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - Monday, February 16, 2015 and Monday, November 2, 2015 - Saturday, November 21, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Yangon. Shwedagon at Sunset. Dinner at Le Planteur.|
|Day 2||Train Ride. Shop and cook a meal in an orphanage. Visit Sule, National Museum. Evening walk through China Town.|
|Day 3||Fly to Bagan on W9 141 (0615/0735); Tour temples and area. Have a home cooked dinner in Saw Village.|
|Day 4||Visit Mt. Popa. Excursion to Kyauk Gu U Min and sunset boatride on Irawaddy.|
|Day 5||Drive Kampetlet and visit Chauk. Return to Mt. Victoria Park.|
|Day 6||Option A: Climb Mt. Victoria. Afternoon to explore in Kampetlet and visit orphanage. Option B: Climb Mt. Victoria. Drive to Aye Village.|
|Day 7||Option A: Drive to trailhead. Hike to Kardo for lunch and continue to Lote Pe. Walk down to stream and drive to Mindut. Option B: Explore villages near Kampetlet and drive to Mindut.|
|Day 8||Visit market and return to Bagan via Kyauk Htu, Pauk, Kamma, Pakokku and Bagan.|
|Day 9||Fly to Mandalay on W9 143 (0805/0835) and explore city – handicraft workshops, market, temples, sunset on Mandalay Hill. PM marionette show.|
|Day 10||Buddha Washing. Tour Mandalay countryside including Amarapura and Sagaing Hills and silverware Factory.|
|Day 11||Fly to Kyaing Tong on AYG 737 (1310/1500). Drive Kyaing Tong.|
|Day 12||Visit town and Hill Tribes.|
|Day 13||Visit town and Hill Tribes.|
|Day 14||Fly to Heho on AYG 738 (1515/1610) and drive to Kalaw.|
|Day 15||Trek to Elephant Camp. Bathe and feed elephants. Walk or ride to road and return to Kalaw.|
|Day 16||Visit Villages. Drive to Inle and take boat to hotel.|
|Day 17||Visit Inle, fisherman, craft centers, etc.|
|Day 18||Visit Indein and other sites.|
|Day 19||Drive back to Heho and fly to Yangon on 6T 402 (0945/1055). The rest of the day is free with a car available.|
|Day 20||Transfer for your flight home.|