This trek travels around the entire Annapurna massif, visiting the Tibet-like area on the northern slopes of the Himalaya and the dramatic Kali Gandaki Gorge. Much of the trek is through lowland country, but there is one high pass, Thorung La. The pass is not difficult, but this is still a long trek at high elevation. The change of scenery at the limits of Thorung Pass and the remains around the sacred area of Muktinath are also extremely interesting. The many hotels and tea houses along the course make camping equipment unnecessary.
We have also combined this trip with Ghale Gaon. A unique experience of Nepalese Culture and lifestyle, Ghale Gaon is home to Ghales, the famed Gurungs, the legendary mid-hill people of western Nepal. As people say, they come to Nepal for the mountains, but return for the people. Besides the extravaganza of the peaks, the warm and sincere hospitality of the Gurung, Manangi and Thakali people you meet along the way is also bound to captivate and touch you. Comfortable rooms with clean restrooms are available at selected Gurung houses and other lodges along the way.. There are a few Pahuna Ghar (Guest Houses) belonging to the Aama Samuha (Mother's Community) that also provide accommodation.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2695.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, March 16 - Thursday, April 3, 2014 and Sunday, October 19 - Thursday, November 6, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kathmandu; Tour Asan Tol and Dhurbar Square. Welcome dinner.|
|Day 2||Tour Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and Bodhanath.|
|Day 3||Drive to Besisahar and walk to Puma. (3-hours)|
|Day 4||Hike to Ghale Gaon. (3-hours)|
|Day 5||Jungle walk past honey cliffs to Khudi. (5-hours)|
|Day 6||Trek to Sirung Village. (5-hours)|
|Day 7||Trek from Sirung to Jagat. (5-hours)|
|Day 8||Trek from Jagat to Dhorapani. (4-hours)|
|Day 9||Trek from Dhorapani to Chame. (4-hours)|
|Day 10||Trek from Chame to Pisang. (6-hours)|
|Day 11||Trek from Pisang to Manang, visiting Braga on the way. (4-hours)|
|Day 12||Free day in Manang.|
|Day 13||Trek to Yak Kharka. (3-hours)|
|Day 14||Trek from Yak Kharka to Churi Latar and on to Thorung Phedi. (3-hours)|
|Day 15||Trek across Thorung La and down to Muktinath. (8-hours)|
|Day 16||Enjoy the morning in Muktinath. In the evening, return to Jomsom. (6-hours)|
|Day 17||Fly to Kathmandu.|
|Day 18||Visit Patan and Bhaktapur.|
|Day 19||Optional early morning Everest flight (not included in base costs). Or fly back to Bangkok.|