Nepal: Kalapatar and Everest Base Camp
Everest should always be seen with right vision, with elegance, not arrogance. Flanked by such peaks as Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Lhotse and other sky-touching mountains, Chomolungma, or Mother Goddess of the World, as she is called by the Sherpas, is an awesome sight. Join us, during these busy times, on one of the world's greatest treks up to Kalapatar and Everest Base Camp. Here, after struggling to climb up to 19,000 feet, you can gaze across at a mountain that is 10,000 feet higher than you are and be humbled!
Yet this is not just about mountains, but about people. Along the way, you will visit the villages and the monasteries, learn about the environmental issues affecting the area, and meet the Sherpas and mountaineers who have left such deep imprints on history. In the fall, you can enjoy the Mani Rimdu celebration at Tengboche Monastery!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3595.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Friday, May 8, 2015 - Monday, May 25, 2015 and Sunday, October 4, 2015 - Thursday, October 22, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kathmandu; Welcome dinner.|
|Day 2||Tour the Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and Bodhanath|
|Day 3||Fly to Lukla; Walk up the hill to Phakding|
|Day 4||Hike from Phakding to Namche|
|Day 5||Free day in Namche to explore town, museum, and READ Global Library.|
|Day 6||Climb to Thyangboche.|
|Day 7||Day at rest to explore monastery.|
|Day 8||Climb to Pheriche.|
|Day 9||Day at rest.|
|Day 10||Trek to Lobuche.|
|Day 11||Climb Kalapatar and return to Gorak Shep.|
|Day 12||Trek to Everest Base Camp and back to Lobuche.|
|Day 13||Trek to Dingboche.|
|Day 14||Trek via Pangboche to Thyangboche.|
|Day 15||Trek to Jorsali.|
|Day 16||Rise early and hike to Lukla in time for your flight back to Kathmandu.|
|Day 17||Visit Patan and Bhaktapur. Farewell dinner.|
|Day 18||Depart Nepal for home.|