Lo Manthang at Festival Time
Every spring, at the palace in Lo Manthang (Upper Mustang), there is a colorful Buddhist festival called Tiji, hosted by the Crown Prince of Mustang. Then, in August, when other parts of Nepal are suffering from summer rains, Mustang is host to the Yarlung Horse Festival, with all its gaiety, dancing and incredible athletic prowess. Join Myths and Mountains for these marvelous celebrations in a medieval kingdom like no other. Unlike many festival trips to Lo Manthang, you will attend the entire 3-day festival, not leaving early to rush back. In this way, you can get a sense of the full meaning of each festival day, as they are different yet do form a whole.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4995.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 (Teeji) and Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, September 12, 2014 (Yarlung Horse Festival)
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kathmandu; Welcome dinner|
|Day 2||Tour the Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and Bodhanath|
|Day 3||Fly to Pokhara; Visit the town of Syangia|
|Day 4||Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni|
|Day 5||Hike through Tangbe on your way to the village of Chele|
|Day 6||Hike to Ghiling with lunch in Syangbochen|
|Day 7||Trek to Ghami and then on to Tsarang|
|Day 8||Trek to Lo Manthang|
|Day 9||First day of Festival|
|Day 10||Second day of Festival|
|Day 11||Visit Chusang Caves and Third day of Festival.|
|Day 12||Gar Gompa and on to Dakmar|
|Day 13||Dakmar to Tsongkar and on to Syangbochen|
|Day 14||Visit cave temple and lunch in Samar. Overnight in Chele or Tangbe|
|Day 15||Walk to Kagbeni|
|Day 16||Walk to Jomsom|
|Day 17||Fly to Kathmandu.|
|Day 18||Explore Patan and Bhaktapur|
|Day 19||Fly to Bangkok or other destination|