The Lotus and the Tikka: A Spiritual Journey to Nepal
This very special journey, led by Buddhist scholar Indra Mainali, is for those interested in learning about Hinduism and Buddhism in Nepal, meeting some of key religious scholars, and seeing parts of the Kathmandu Valley and country visited by few Westerners. You will not only spend time in the valley, but visit places such as Pharping, Namobuddha, Lumbini, and Janakpur. Additionally, you will celebrate Chatth and Deepawali with the local people, visit local homes and truly begin to understand a country where religion and life are one.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3195.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Monday, October 20, 2014 - Friday, October 31, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kathmandu. Traditional greeting. Welcome dinner and trip briefing|
|Day 2||Visit Boudhanath and Shechen Monastery. Prayer session and meeting with lamas. If available, meeting with Mathieu Ricard. PM visit to the Vajra Yogini Temple|
|Day 3||Lecture on Hinduism. Tour Patan. Healing bowl demonstration. Blessing by the Patan Kumari|
|Day 4||Visit Namobuddha, including monastery school and meeting with monks and lamas. Evening drive to enjoy Deepawali, the Festival of Light|
|Day 5||Visit Pharping Cave, Shesh Narayan Temple and Chovar Gorge. Evening Mha Puja Ceremony with a Newar family|
|Day 6||Fly Lumbini. Visit Buddha’s birthplace and other monasteries with a prayer and meditation session|
|Day 7||Explore Lumbini Gardens or Kapilavastu. Fly back to Kathmandu. Evening prayer session at Pashupatinath|
|Day 8||Dawn at Swayambunath. Visit Buddhanilkantha and Nagi Gompa for the nuns. Return via Guru Nanak Math|
|Day 9||Fly Janakpur, birthplace of Sita. Visit Janakpur Women’s Craft Development Center. Celebrate festival of Chatth|
|Day 10||Dawn Chatt celebration. Visit Ram Janaki Temple and Bazaar. Return to Kathmandu|
|Day 11||Yoga and meditation session. Visit to shamanic school. Evening dinner in Boudhanath with monks and Hindu masters|
|Day 12||Free morning or follow up meeting. Departure home|