Nepal: The Manaslu Circuit
The Manaslu Circuit is one of the most beautiful, challenging and diverse treks offered today in Nepal. The path is a cultural exposé of Nepal and its different ethnic and religious groups – Brahmin, Chhetri, Magar, Gurung, Buddhist and others. Additionally, you get a vivid sense of the terrain in this tiny country, hiking from the tropical areas around Aarughat Bazaar at 1,870 feet all the way up to the glacial moraines of Larkya La at 17,175 feet a difference of 15,305 feet! This is not a trek for the faint of heart, but a spectacular experience for the adventurous in good physical condition.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4295.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, March 2, 2014 - Thursday, March 20, 2014 and Friday, November 7, 2014 - Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Kathmandu. Afternoon visit to Asan and Durbar Square. Welcome dinner|
|Day 2||Visit Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and Bodhanath|
|Day 3||Drive Arughat Bazaar|
|Day 4||Trek to Sundi Khola|
|Day 5||Trek to Machha Khola|
|Day 6||Trek to Jagat|
|Day 7||Trek to Deng|
|Day 8||Trek to Ghap|
|Day 9||Trek to Lho Village|
|Day 10||Trek to Sama Gaon|
|Day 11||Rest day in Sama Gaon|
|Day 12||Trek to Larkya Lodge|
|Day 13||Trek to Bimtang|
|Day 14||Trek to Dharapani|
|Day 15||Trek to Jagat|
|Day 16||Trek to Bhulbhule|
|Day 17||Trek to Beshisar and drive Kathmandu|
|Day 18||Tour Patan and Bhaktapur. Farewell dinner|
|Day 19||Depart for home|