Nepal: Monasteries and Mountains - A Solu Explorer
The Solu area of Nepal boasts beautiful views of Everest, Shorung Yu La, Kanteiga, other snow-capped mountains, some of Nepal's most interesting monasteries, friendly Sherpas and trekking routes with few tourists.
Beginning in Phaplu, with views of Shorung Yu La, the holiest mountain to the Solu Sherpas, you will climb to Chiwong monastery, with its beautiful frescoes, and then to Junbesi, site of the first of Rural Education and Development's libraries. After visiting the town, we walk to Tuptencholing, the most important monastery in the area and one of the most famous in all Nepal. From Tuptencholing our trek takes us up over the ridge, with spectacular views of the Himalayan range, down to the banks of the Beni Khola, and then up to Dudh Kund, a 16,000 foot glacial lake at the base of Shorung Yu La, and one of the most important pilgrimage lakes for both Hindus and Buddhists. After visiting the lake, we will descend to the charming monastery of Tragshindu, before returning to Phaplu and Kathmandu.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2795.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Saturday, April 5, 2014 – Wednesday, April 16, 2014 and Sunday, November 9, 2014 – Thursday, November 20, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kathmandu; Welcome dinner|
|Day 2||Tour the Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and Bodhanath|
|Day 3||Visit Changu Narayan and Bhaktapur.|
|Day 4||Fly Phaplu. Hike to Junbesi and explore the town and READ Library.|
|Day 5||Hike to the monastery of Tuptencholing|
|Day 6||Head to an abandoned cheese factory and enjoy sights of Shorung Yu La|
|Day 7||Contour over to the Beni Khola river|
|Day 8||Hike up to Dudh Kund|
|Day 9||Continue to Tragshindo Monastery|
|Day 10||Hike down to Chiwong Monastery.|
|Day 11||Early downhill to Phaplu and fly back to Kathmandu. Free afternoon.|
|Day 12||AM visit to Patan. PM free.|
|Day 13||Fly back to Bangkok|