A Taste of Nepal: Mountains to Monkeys
Nepal is not just about climbing Himalayan peaks, but also about its friendly people and rich environmental diversity. The country rises from 100 feet above sea level to Mt. Everest in less than 100 miles. On this imaginative trip, you actually get to see everything from the jungle to the snow-capped Annapurnas. Your path takes you from Kathmandu to Pokhara, and up to the Thakali communities of Jomsom, Marpha and Tukche. Then, from the mountains, you drop down to the jungle and spend time with the local Tharus.
Along the way, you will be feted by the children and adults of the villages, shown all around, fed delicious food, and treated like royalty! In the mountains, you can ride a Tibetan pony to Tukche and in Chitwan, you can enjoy tracking wildlife. spotting birds from a canoe, and visiting local villages.
During your time in Kathmandu, you visit the beautiful temples and monasteries of the valley, shop for jewelry, rugs, or whatever you wish, and get a true sense of the hospitality and warmth of the Nepali people.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3395.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Custom dates available.
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Kathmandu; Welcome dinner|
|Day 2||Explore Patan & Bhaktapur;|
|Day 3||Visit with the Kumari goddess|
|Day 4||Tour Swayambunath, Pashupatinath, Bodhanath|
|Day 5||Fly to Pokhara; Visit Mountaineering Museum, town and boat ride on lake.|
|Day 6||Fly to Jomson; Walk, pony ride, or local taxi to Tukche|
|Day 7||Explore Tukche|
|Day 8||Return to Jomson|
|Day 9||Fly to Pokhara. Drive to Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge|
|Day 10||Enjoy a canoe trip and visit the elephant-breeding center. Jungle walk.|
|Day 11||Fly back to Kathmandu for a special farewell dinner|
|Day 12||Transfer for your flight back home.|