NEW! Peru: Above and Beyond - Rainforest, Machu Picchu and the Nazca Lines
Recently voted one of the NEW Seven Wonders of the World, Peru's extraordinary monuments and archeology are known worldwide. At the height of its existence the Inca Empire was the largest nation on Earth and remains the largest native state to have existed in the western hemisphere. The wealth and sophistication of the legendary Inca people has lured many anthropologists and archaeologists to the Andean nations in a quest to understand the Inca's advanced ways.
Here’s an unforgettable family getaway to Cusco, Machu Picchu, and the Sacred Valley that allows you to experience all of the amazing sights and meet the people who live a rural lifestyle. You’ll start off in the Amazon, the epitome of rainforest adventure, and end your trip with an overflight over the otherworldly Nazca Lines.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4395.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Thursday, May 7, 2015 - Sunday, May 17, 2015 and Thursday, August 6, 2015 - Sunday, August 16, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Overnight flight from USA; arrive early this morning in Lima and immediately connect with flight to Puerto Maldonado. Begin 4-day Amazon adventure.|
|Day 2||Explore the Amazon.|
|Day 3||Explore the Amazon.|
|Day 4||Early morning departure to Puerto Maldonado, connect with flight to Cusco.|
|Day 5||Half-day GROUP city tour and ruins, afternoon free.|
|Day 6||Transfer to Sacred Valley for full-day GROUP tour of Sacred Valley, market, ruins.|
|Day 7||Train to Machu Picchu; GROUP half-day tour of ruins.|
|Day 8||Transfer back to Sacred Valley by train, transfer to Cusco by car to connect with flight to Lima.|
|Day 9||Very early transfer to bus station; Ballestas Island cruise; continue to Ica.|
|Day 10||Morning Nazca Lines over flight, afternoon at leisure.|
|Day 11||Transfer to bus station for return to Lima via first-class bus, transfer to airport for flight back to USA.|