The Inca Trail For Beginners: Easy Does It
This five-day trek through marvelous cloud forest on the Royal Inca Highway leading to Machu Picchu is timed differently than most other packaged treks to avoid crowds and to allow you to trek at a more comfortable pace.
Your camp gear is carried by porters as you follow an ancient road of interlocking granite paving stones over two high passes to a series of isolated and spectacular Inca sites.
The flowing lines of these Inca temples, fortresses, and highways mirror the sacred landscapes of the forest-cloaked granite peaks. Because of the natural splendor of the jungle-clad mountains surrounding the ruins and the artistry of the buildings perched on a ridge high above the river, Machu Picchu is one of the NEW Seven Wonders of the World and was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The fine Inca stonework, beautiful ridge top setting, and deep valley below offer a comprehensive look into the Inca way of life, their beliefs, rituals, and daily lives.
*We strongly recommend you confirm your dates with us at least six months prior to departure to guarantee Inca Trail permits, which are highly sought after and can be difficult to get with new Peru regulations. Not available in February.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $2450.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Sunday, May 25, 2014 and Sunday, October 19, 2014 - Sunday, October 26, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Cusco, afternoon walking city tour to acclimate with briefing.|
|Day 2||Meet guide and porter and start Inca Trail - Llactapata.|
|Day 3||Llactapata to Llulluchupampa.|
|Day 4||Llulluchupampa to Phuyopatamarca.|
|Day 5||Arrive Machu Picchu.|
|Day 6||Hike Huayna Picchu, return to Cusco by train.|
|Day 7||Explore Cusco at leisure.|
|Day 8||Transfer to airport for flight back to Lima.|