Peru For Kids: Machu Picchu and Beyond
You asked for it, you got it! The heart-touching experiential Peruvian experience combines family-friendly activities, lots of one-on-one interaction with indigenous culture and a hands-on education on Mayan history and archaeology that comes to life in front of your eyes. We will adjust itineraries slightly based on the ages of children, but we do recommend a minimum age of 7.
Recently voted one of the NEW Seven Wonders of the World, Peru's extraordinary monuments and archeology are known world-wide. At the height of its existence the Inca Empire was the largest nation on Earth and remains the largest native state to have existed in the western hemisphere. The wealth and sophistication of the legendary Inca people has lured many anthropologists and archaeologists to the Andean nations in a quest to understand the Inca's advanced ways.
We've added extensions to two very popular add-ons that bring your family even deeper into Peruvian life.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3350.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Saturday, July 12, 2014 - Tuesday, July 19, 2014 and Saturday, August 16, 2014 - Saturday, August 23, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Saturday - Arrive in Lima.|
|Day 2||Sunday - Fly to Cusco, afternoon tour of city and ruins.|
|Day 3||Monday - Visit Willoq school with picnic lunch. Horseback riding to visit villages.|
|Day 4||Tuesday - Indian markets and Ollantaytambo ruins.|
|Day 5||Wednesday - River rafting with lunch.|
|Day 6||Thursday - First-class train to Machu Picchu and guided tour.|
|Day 7||Friday - Morning free at ruins. Return to Cusco.|
|Day 8||Saturday - Fly to Lima. City tour, hotel dayroom. Fly back to USA.|