Peru: A Rural Life - Living La Vida Local
Welcome to the Peru - the real Peru.
We’ve custom-designed an itinerary that allows you to get an insider’s view of rural life in Peru. With your own private guide and driver, you’ll have access to small villages from places as diverse as the Andean highlands to the floating islands of Lake Titicaca to the deep canyons of Colca. You’ll travel by foot, by horseback, even by catamaran to access parts of Peru you would never be able to do on your own. You’ll stay in small boutique hotels and at a homestay.
In each region, you’ll be introduced to how people live their lives quietly, away from the tourist masses. Every day will be like meeting new friends. Intimate conversations, one-on-one activities, gentle smiles and warm embraces.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3375.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, April 26, 2015 - Wednesday, May 6, 2015 and Sunday, October 11, 2015 - Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Lima. Transfer to airport hotel.|
|Day 2||Transfer to airport. Fly to Cusco. Half day city tour.|
|Day 3||Visit rural Sacred Valley school (if in session) and farming communities. Return to Cusco.|
|Day 4||Transfer to train station for train ride to Puno at Lake Titicaca. Transfer to hotel.|
|Day 5||Catamaran exploration of Lake Titicaca and islands. Overnight at with family at homestay.|
|Day 6||Exploration of Lake Titicaca, light hiking.|
|Day 7||Transfer from hotel to Juliaca airport with stop at Sillustani ruins. Fly to Arequipa and transfer to Colca Canyon.|
|Day 8||Exploration of Colca Canyon.|
|Day 9||Birding. Transfer to Arequipa.|
|Day 10||Half-day tour of Arequipa and Santa Catalina Convent.|
|Day 11||Transfer to airport for flight to Lima and connect with flight home.|