NEW! Peru: The Way Of The Wari And The Lost Culture
Everybody knows about Machu Picchu. With Myths and Mountains, you can explore Peru’s hidden pre-Incan history, known as the mysterious Wari Culture, on this 10-day adventure to lesser-known archaeological treasures.
Whereas many people have experienced the inspiring Inca work at Machu Picchu, not many have marveled at the 6 story friezes at the Moche’s Huaca de la Luna or stood in the massive crumbling courtyard of the Chimu’s grand Chan Chan.
Be one of the few to discover Peru’s lesser traveled north with an in-depth look at its ancient cultures and the mysteries they left behind. Your journey will take you to the beautiful northern cities of Trujillo, Chiclayo and Ayacucho where you will wander in the shadows of captivating Pre-Incan sites as well as enjoy friendly locals and gorgeous scenery.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4125.00 per person (based on two people)
Dates: Saturday, June 13, 2015 - Monday, June 22, 2015 and Saturday, October 17, 2015 - Monday, October 26, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Lima. Transfer to airport hotel.|
|Day 2||Transfer to airport. Fly to Trujillo. Afternoon city tour.|
|Day 3||Moche Valley ceramic workshop, Temples of the Sun and Moon, Chan Chan ruins.|
|Day 4||Transfer to Chiclayo with El Brujo visit and Bruning Archaeological Museum.|
|Day 5||Transfer to Sipan, archaeological ruins of Huaca Rajada, Royal Tomb of Sipan.|
|Day 6||Pyramids of Tacume, Huaca Las Balsas Temple, weaving workshop, fly to Lima.|
|Day 7||Transfer from hotel, fly to Ayacucho, guided city tour.|
|Day 8||Wari ruins and temples, Quinua obelisk and pottery.|
|Day 9||Vilcashuaman temples and pyramids.|
|Day 10||Transfer to airport, fly to Lima, connect with flight home.|