Classic Sri Lanka
This twelve-day taste of Sri Lanka takes you from Colombo to the cultural triangle, to Kandy, with its sacred relics, and up into the highlands of tea country. From the highlands you drop down to the ocean and Galle, where you can enjoy some of the best the ocean has to offer and explore the Portuguese heritage in the country, before returning to Colombo and home.
Along the way, you will visit the home of Ena de Silva, the studio of one of the country’s finest artists, have tea with an expert, tour Galle with the author of a book on the fort, and wander Colombo with a long-time resident and writer about the capital. This is a trip where the experts are your guides to the very special country of Sri Lanka.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $4495.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Sunday, March 23, 2014 - Thursday, April 03, 2014 and Sunday, November 09, 2014 - Thursday, November 20, 2014
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Colombo. Drive to Wallawwa for the night.|
|Day 2||Overfly the cultural triangle in a G8 Air van or drive to cultural triangle. Lunch at Kandalama Lake. PM visit to Dambulla.|
|Day 3||AM visit to Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa. Optional luncheon swim. PM visit to Minneriya National Park.|
|Day 4||Visit sites around Anuradhapura, a UNESCO World Heritage Site|
|Day 5||Drive Kandy via spice garden and Ena de Silva’s private residence. Moonrise at a local artist’s home.|
|Day 6||Visit Botanical Gardens, Cemetery, Queen’s Hotel, boat ride on lake, Temple of the Tooth for evening Puja, Dance show at Arts and Crafts Center.|
|Day 7||Drive Peradeniya to see station and catch Tea Train to Hatton. Afternoon to explore on foot or by bicycle.|
|Day 8||AM Visit to Tea Plantation. PM Visit villages, homes, school, market and ridge for views of Adam’s Peak.|
|Day 9||Drive to Galle Fort, stopping at Kelani River.|
|Day 10||AM - Visit Galle Fort with Author of "Around the Fort in 80 Lives." PM enjoy resort activities. Dinner in home of an old spice merchant.|
|Day 11||Visit Lunuganga, Geoffrey Bawa's house. PM walk around Colombo with local resident. Dinner at Ministry of Crab.|