Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand
Beginning in the Thai capital of Bangkok with its incredible Grand Palace, this trip takes you up into the hills of the northwestern part of Thailand, with its panoply of different ethnic groups, rivers, elephant training camps and vibrant cities. Your path will wend from Chiang Rai and the infamous Golden Triangle down to Chiang Mai with its wonderful crafts and people over to Mae Hong Son and Pai. You'll even cross into Myanmar.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3295.00 per person (based on groups of four or more)
Dates: Custom dates available.
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Bangkok.|
|Day 2||Visit Bangkok - Grand Palace, Klongs, Wat Po and Wat Arun.|
|Day 3||Visit the Floating Market, River Kwai and museum. Evening visit to China Town.|
|Day 4||Fly Chiang Rai. Visit Chiang Saen, Opium Museum, and Golden Triangle. Cross into Myanmar. Visit Akha and Yao villages and Baan Dam.|
|Day 5||Long tail boat ride to Ta Ton. Visit Karen and Lahu villages and Wat Thaton. End in Chiang Mai.|
|Day 6||Two alternatives: a) Elephant owner for a day or b) Visit elephant training camp, villages, orchid farm.|
|Day 7||AM at Cooking School. PM free. Evening Kantoke dinner and dancing.|
|Day 8||Two alternatives: a) City tour or b) Visit to Mae Kampong Mountain Village way of Life. Evening visit to the night market.|
|Day 9||Drive Mai Hong Son via Mae Malai and hot spa.|
|Day 10||Tour Mae Hong Son and boat ride on Pai River to Padong village.|
|Day 11||AM market and Buddhist offerings. Drive Pai via Tam Lod, Lisu and Lahu villages. Explore Pai.|
|Day 12||Drive Chiang Mai. Fly Bangkok and connect with evening flight out.|