Thailand: The Untraveled Northeast - People, Nature and Archaeology
Far less frequently visited than the hill tribe areas of the northwest, Esaan, or Northeast Thailand, has a beauty all of its own and rice fields that stretch for miles. This special trip blends visits to rural villages with bronze-age archeology, the Khmer heritage, and some of Thailand's national parks. Beginning in Bangkok, you head northeast to Khao Yai National Park and on to Khorat. Here you can visit the archeological finds of Ban Chiang, as well as the Khmer temple of Phimai. Crossing into Laos, you will wander the temples and streets of Vientiane and then walk Phu Hin Rongkla National Park. The trip finishes with a visit to Thailand's first capital, the magnificent city of Sukkothai.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $3295.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, February 8, 2015 - Wednesday, February 18, 2015 and Thursday, November 12, 2015 - Sunday, November 22, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive in Bangkok and transfer to hotel|
|Day 2||Tour of Wat Pra Keo, Grand Palace and Suan Pakkard Palace|
|Day 3||Boat ride to Summer Palace at Bang Pa In; Continue to Ayutthaya and then Khao Yai National Park|
|Day 4||Explore park and then continue to Nakorn Rachasima or Khorat. Stop at pottery village en route. Ban Sri Kukwan Ceremony.|
|Day 5||Tour Prasart Phanom Rung, Prasat Meuang Tam and Kuti Reusi|
|Day 6||Visit to Prasart Phimai and drive to Udon Thani via silk village.|
|Day 7||Stop at Ban Chiang; Wander Ban Phu Historical Park|
|Day 8||Cross into Vientiane, Laos and explore city|
|Day 9||Return to Thailand and the forest temple of Wat Hin Maak Peng|
|Day 10||Visit Phu Hin Rongkla National Park, Pitsanuloke & Wat Pra Chinnaraj|
|Day 11||Tour Sukkothai Historical Park; Transfer back to Bangkok|