NEW! Tibet: Beyond Everest Base Camp
Imagine flying over the highest of the Himalayas and landing in Lhasa – the heart and soul of Tibet! Here you will pray with the pilgrims before the holy Jokhang Temple, explore the Potala and the Norbulinkha, watch the monks debating at Sera, and visit the new Museum of Tibetan Culture. Heading out, you will see the magnificent paintings of Gyantse’s Kumbum and walk the pilgrim kora in Shigatse. Then the trek begins – a five-day trek to Everest Base Camp over 17,000’ Lamna La, past Zommug (the highest permanent settlement in the Everest region) and down to Dza Rongphu Monastery beside Everest Base Camp. From here, you can continue up onto the glacier, climbing all the way to Advance Base Camp at 20,800 feet. NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL TRIP AND YOU DO NOT NEED CRAMPONS.
Your trip ends with a spectacular descent from the Tibetan Plateau down into the Kathmandu Valley. If you have dreamed of seeing Everest and Base Camp, this trip is for you!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $7995.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Thursday, June 11, 2015 - Thursday, July 2, 2015 and Tuesday, September 1, 2015 - Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Chengdu.|
|Day 2||Tour Wenshu Yuan, Panda Breeding Center and Sichuan Opera School.|
|Day 3||Fly to Lhasa.|
|Day 4||Explore the Barkhor, Jokhang, Potala, Norbulinka and Lukhang.|
|Day 5||Tour Phabonkha and Sera.|
|Day 6||Drive to Gyantse to visit Kumbum as well as Peljor Chode Monastery.|
|Day 7||Drive to Shigatse and participate in the kora.|
|Day 8||Drive to Old Tingri and meet your trekking crew.|
|Day 9||Trek Tingri to Yalung Yak Meadow (14,750').|
|Day 10||Trek Yalong to Lamdu Meadows (15,500').|
|Day 11||Trek Lamdu to Zahbo Village (15,200').|
|Day 12||Zahbo to the Rongbuk Valley (16,400’).|
|Day 13||Rest day at Base Camp.|
|Day 14||Trek Base Camp to the Japanese Camp (17,913').|
|Day 15||Japanese Camp to the Interim Camp (19,028’).|
|Day 16||Interim Camp to Advanced Base Camp (20,800’).|
|Day 17||Rest Day at Advanced Base Camp.|
|Day 18||Return to Base Camp (16,400’).|
|Day 19||AM Free. Drive Old Tingri.|
|Day 20||Drive to Bhaktapur.|
|Day 21||Visit Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan.|
|Day 22||Transfer to airport.|