Himalayan High: Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan
Explore the wonders of Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan all in one amazing adventure. In Tibet, wander Lhasa and Everest Base Camp. Descending down to Nepal, explore the wonders of the Kathmandu Valley. Flying into Bhutan, you climb the Tiger's Nest, visit dzongs and nunneries and meet the people. Whether you're looking to visit monasteries or temples, mountains or valleys, museums or factories, Himalayan High has it all.
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $7395.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Monday, June 8, 2015 - Saturday, June 27, 2015 and Thursday, September 17, 2015 - Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Fly to Chengdu from Bangkok (not included). Met and taken to hotel.|
|Day 2||Tour Chengdu – Panda Breeding Center, Sichuan Opera School, Wenshu Yuan.|
|Day 3||Fly Lhasa. Walk around Barkhor and evening service at Ranoche.|
|Day 4||Early morning at the Jokhang and walk around the Barkhor with pilgrims. Visit the Potala Palace, and afternoon visit to Sera Monastery.|
|Day 5||Visit Phabonkha Temple and Drepung Monastery.|
|Day 6||Drive Gyantse. Visit Kumbum and monastery. If time permits, see Peljor Chode.|
|Day 7||Drive to Sigatse via Shalu, and hike the pilgrim kora.|
|Day 8||Visit Shigatse Monastery and drive Shegar.|
|Day 9||Drive Base Camp and walk around area, visiting Guru Rimpoche Cave and other places.|
|Day 10||Drive Nyalmu.|
|Day 11||Drop down from the Tibetan Plateau to Kathmandu Valley and Duhlikhel.|
|Day 12||Drive to Bhaktapur and visit area. Continue to Patan to visit temples, museum and Patan Kumari.|
|Day 13||Visit Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and Boudhanath.|
|Day 14||Fly Paro. Visit Museum and Dzong. Drive Thimphu.|
|Day 15||Thimphu touring. Memorial Chorten, Textile Museum, Paper factory. Walk to village school for arts and crafts.|
|Day 16||Zoo and Zilukha Nunnery. PM drive to Punakha and visit Chimi Lhakhang.|
|Day 17||AM hike to Kamseum Yueling temple. PM visit to Dzong and craft center.|
|Day 18||Drive back to Paro, stopping in Thimphu for lunch.|
|Day 19||Climb or take horses to Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery. PM visit to Kyichu. Farewell dinner.|
|Day 20||Depart Bhutan and fly Bangkok.|