Tibet: Summer In Litang and The Khampa Grasslands
A rare opportunity to enjoy summer in the Khampa grasslands, get to know the Khampa warriors and nomads, visit unspoiled monasteries, appreciate the different cultures of Yunnan and Sichuan and revel in the diverse and spectacular beauty of the region. Journey from the Naxi Plains to the nomadic grasslands of Litang and Batang on the Tibetan Plateau. Return to Lijang through the deep Mekong gorge in the shadow of sacred Mt. Kawakarpo. Along the way, share tea and tsampa with the villagers, soak in hot springs, dance and sing with the Tibetans on the high plateau. A time of joy and wonder!
Dates and Land Cost
Starting at $6650.00 per person (based on 4-6 people)
Dates: Sunday, July 26, 2015 - Sunday, August 9, 2015
Please note: Custom dates and prices available
This is not just a slogan - it's the way we do business.
If this trip itinerary isn't exactly what you want or if the group departure dates don't quite fit your timeframe, we would be thrilled to create a personalized trip that matches exactly what you, your friends or your family wish to do. Since its inception in 1988, Myths and Mountains has been a pioneer in the field of customized and solo travel. We know that there's no such thing as "one itinerary fits all," and we're committed to matching your particular trip to your dreams.
So, go back and look at the itinerary carefully. Check what you like and don't like and give us a call. We'll ask you lots of questions designed to help us understand your travel style, budget, interests, and wishes, and then we'll channel all our global connections, in-depth destination knowledge, and decades of travel planning experience into creating an extraordinary adventure filled with unforgettable experiences. Our custom trips are not just standard "packages" adjusted to fit your travel dates - they're individually tailored itineraries, as unique as you are.
Here's how we will collaborate with you:
1. Read through the itineraries that interest you and think about what you like and don't like, the dates, other places you might want to visit or other activities.
2. E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 800-670-6984 to let us know your thoughts.
3. Talk with us about what worked and did not work in the programs you were considering, where you want to go, your timeframe, travel companions, budget, special interests and travel style.
4. We will send a brief sketch and approximate land cost based on our discussion, for you to review that includes the suggested changes we discussed.
5. Based on your feedback of the sketch, we will rework your itinerary according to your guidelines. Should you wish to talk with previous travelers who have asked us for customized itineraries, we are happy to give you references.
6. Review the new program. If it works, we will usually ask for a deposit: 25% of the cost, 50% if you are 120 days out. At that point, we will confirm all of the reservations and guides, send you a full packet of preliminary information and prepare your formal, personalized, detailed daily itinerary.
After all, it's your unique vacation. Invite your family. Bring your friends. Dream big. Then call us and let us make your dream a reality.
|Day 1||Arrive Kunming. Sightseeing including flower market.|
|Day 2||Fly to Gyalthang; Visit Ganden Sumtsanling Monastery, Ringha Temple along with old town.|
|Day 3||Visit some villages at the base of the Lanze Mountains near the Napha Reserve.|
|Day 4||Drive to Shating.|
|Day 5||Continue to Litang.|
|Day 6||Spend time in Litang and explore Ganden Tubchen Chokhorling Monastery.|
|Day 7||Visit nearby communities.|
|Day 8||Drive to Batang and Batang Chode Monastery.|
|Day 9||Drive south along Yangtse Gorge to Derong.|
|Day 10||Drive along Ding Chu river gorge to Dechen and then on to Namkha Tashi.|
|Day 11||Explore Namkhatashi and views of Kawakarpo.|
|Day 12||Ascend to the Baima Pass and enter the Baima Nature Reserve; Return to Gyalthang.|
|Day 13||Enjoy the hot springs of Shagey. Afternoon foot massage.|
|Day 14||Drive back to Litang and attend a Naxi music and dance concert.|
|Day 15||Fly back to Kunming and connect out.|